Can M4N68T V2 Motherboard run GTX 960

Mr sprite

Reputable
Jun 21, 2016
Hello :??:

I want to upgrade my Graphics card to GTX 960, and I dont know if my other components will handle it especially motherboard. There seems to be really limited information about it, I've tried using pc part picker website but its not even on the list.

Motherboard: M4N68T V2 series
Processor: AMD Phenom II X4 960T 3.00 ghz
Ram: 8 gb DDR3
Power supply: mod x stream pro power supply 600w
Current graphics card: GTX 560

Solution
Yes the GTX 960 would work fine on that motherboard, and the PSU has enough power for it even though it is a little lower end.

The Processor is somewhat of a bottleneck to this card, however you should be able to configure the games you want to play to work fine with it.

Rogue Leader

It's a trap!
Yes the GTX 960 would work fine on that motherboard, and the PSU has enough power for it even though it is a little lower end.

The Processor is somewhat of a bottleneck to this card, however you should be able to configure the games you want to play to work fine with it.

Solution
don't forget the 900 cards require a full uefi bios so and some older board may not get a bios update to support newer cards like the 900 series

best do some more homework on that to be 100% sure if it will work on it in the end

good luck

don't state uefi bios ??

''8 Mb Flash ROM , AMI BIOS, PnP, DMI2.0, WfM2.0, SM BIOS 2.5, ACPI 2.0 ''

https://www.asus.com/Motherboards/M4N68T_V2/specifications/

''Just make sure your bios is fully up to date and it will support the UEFI Gpu's. You may have to get in touch with Asus to verify that the bios will work,''

http://forums.evga.com/Last-video-card-before-new-build-GTX-960-4gb-Ver-m2468236.aspx

there was a guy about a week ago it did not with his and msi did not reply to his e-mail to them on that ?? then where does it say it will [you linked card above] ?? there old 700 cards did and had a switch these do not ..

I guess go with one if not sure and buy from a store with a generous return/refund policy is all I can say

Rogue Leader

It's a trap!

This card is the one guys with Dells have been using which all have the UEFI problem.

no dell had updated there bios to A-10 to support new cards look it up and they were all uefi not legacy [dell xps 8700 for example]

like I said buy the card if it works fine if not oh well ''buy from a store with a generous return/refund policy ''

even the older uefi bios may not support these 900 cards as well and no bios update can help seen this when the 900 first released plenty left holding the bag then like z68 boards most find the 700 series was the end of the line for them

do as you feel is best if you don't try you don't know but I do know what I stated above and there compatibility its nothing that's new or a surprise today

its all over ell about 900 cards I answer so many of these and look so much up for them on this dell will state the same thing as I and all your own risk to try so

all I try to do here is give a point to ponder ''before'' he buys and to be looked at hard first - it may work fine and dandy then it maybe just the good old black screen or beep-beep-beep ??

thing is 900 cards can be ''funny'' I do got to admit there seemed to be ''less'' issues with MSI cards still not a 100% guarantee it could be what v-bios is on each manufactures cards as well but .....???? evga seemed to have the most

in the end if unsure you buy - try - and hope it don't make you cry [that's with any part today it seems]

good luck