Question Can MSI B660 motherboards run 2560*1440p 165Hz monitor via dp1.4 without dedicated graphics card? strictly for non gaming system.

Apr 28, 2023
I am planning a brand new build where I would pairing 13500 with MSI B660 motherboard (Pro B660M-A WIFI or MAG B660M Mortar WIFI ), I won't be buying any dedicated graphics card for this system any sooner and would be using it strictly for office and normal use only (NO GAMING), I already have pretty amazing 2560*1440p 165 Hz (LG 32GN650-B) monitor which I would be using with with this new build but I am not sure whether onboard dp1.4 can run this monitor or not, if not then I might have to buy some cheap quadro t400 2GB card separately. I already contacted local msi chat support and guy said max resolution that these motherboards can support is 4k 60 Hz only via dp1.4, I would be glad if someone already having this sort of hw configuration can check for himself do share his real experience here, thanks in advance.

Math Geek

Titan
Ambassador
the igp is plenty good enough to run that monitor for basic office work. it won't ask much at all of the graphics.

the 165 hz is not a problem for a spreadsheet sitting there waiting for you to add a row :) but does it really matter if your word doc gets mad fps?? lol

Reactions: CountMike
Apr 28, 2023
the igp is plenty good enough to run that monitor for basic office work. it won't ask much at all of the graphics.

the 165 hz is not a problem for a spreadsheet sitting there waiting for you to add a row :) but does it really matter if your word doc gets mad fps?? lol
igpu is more than capable enough of running that monitor but not sure of motherboard, hence made this thread.

You are right, but the thing is I am quite used to this high refresh rate monitor, I do binary options trading quite often on a few seconds timeframe whenever I get some time from work where this monitor's ultra low input lag @165 Hz helps to push orders at a lightening fast speed when compared to regular 60 Hz office monitor.