[SOLVED] Can my 2nd router connect to my PC via Ethernet cable?

Mar 7, 2024
I have a main router provided by the ISP which has only ONE LAN port. I have a spare router that I have configured to act as an extender (My main router has 192.168.1.1 and I changed the new router to 192.168.1.2, Disabled DHCP etc.) That all works good, but I need to connect my PC with an ethernet cable as well. If I connect my PC via ethernet with the 2nd router (192.168.1.2) it doesn't work. And since my main router has only one LAN port I can either connect the other router or my PC. Is there a setting that I can do that will help me connect my 2nd router to my PC with Ethernet? Please note my 2nd router has 4 LAN ports

Basically what I need is: My main router connects to 2nd router via LAN and my 2nd router and PC can be connected via LAN

Solution
That means, you're trying to connect via wifi (not ethernet).
Can you show screenshot of the error message?

I don't think, I have seen error message with exact wording. Are you translating from another language?
As it is in life, I tried doing the entire connection again and recording a video to show you guys and this time the set up worked. I am attaching images of how it is currently set up
Mar 7, 2024
On second router use only lan ports. Do not use wan port.

Or get a regular unmanaged ethernet switch and connect it instead of second router. Because you need only ethernet switch functionality from second router.
I did use the LAN ports only...From the Main router I connected by 2nd router with LAN ports and from PC to 2nd router also used LAN port...But when I try to access internet from the PC it says "WAN Port is Disconnected"

Mar 7, 2024
Did you connect to the wan or lan port on the second router.

The lan ports on a router act as a simple switch so it should be the same as if you hooked up a small switch to the main router
From main router to 2nd router via LAN port and from 2nd router to PC again LAN port...my 2nd router has 4 LAN ports total

Mar 7, 2024
That means, you're trying to connect via wifi (not ethernet).
Can you show screenshot of the error message?

I don't think, I have seen error message with exact wording. Are you translating from another language?
As it is in life, I tried doing the entire connection again and recording a video to show you guys and this time the set up worked. I am attaching images of how it is currently set up

Solution