[SOLVED] Can my 380w PSU run a HD 7870?

Feb 25, 2021
Ok so I have a 380w PSU from Antec.
I'm planning on buying SAPPHIRE Radeon HD 7870 FleX GHZ Edition. And I'm not sure if it has enough pins to plug it in or enough power to run if it has those pins. If you need my full PC specs for all my components wattage info lmk in comments. Thank you. Sorry if I said some stuff wrong I'm not very good at explaining.

Solution
Ok so I just need to buy a new PSU. That's alright would it be ok still if I got a 450w or is it more recommended to get a 500w. And they have to come with 2x 6 pins for me to put them into the GPU, because it's a 12 pin I think. Sorry if this all sounds stupid.
Welcome to Tom's forums newcomer!

I'd be looking for a 500-550 watt model. It should come with two (6+2) 8-pin connectors for the GPU. The 2-pin section separates from it so you can just plug in the 6-pin portion on the hd7870. A 450 watt unit is not much of an improvement from what you have now. If you need a lower cost model a Corsair CX550 would work.
Ok so I have a 380w PSU from Antec.
I'm planning on buying SAPPHIRE Radeon HD 7870 FleX GHZ Edition. And I'm not sure if it has enough pins to plug it in or enough power to run if it has those pins. If you need my full PC specs for all my components wattage info lmk in comments. Thank you. Sorry if I said some stuff wrong I'm not very good at explaining.
Not likely. The power supply only comes with one PCIe power connector IIRC. The HD7870 requires two. Adapters are not a safe option and even if you tried it the system total power use would be on the border of max capacity for the Antec which is also not a good idea. You need a new, good quality power supply around 500 watts.

Reactions: Dj0gany
Feb 25, 2021
Not likely. The power supply only comes with one PCIe power connector IIRC. The HD7870 requires two. Adapters are not a safe option and even if you tried it the system total power use would be on the border of max capacity for the Antec which is also not a good idea. You need a new, good quality power supply around 500 watts.
Ok so I just need to buy a new PSU. That's alright would it be ok still if I got a 450w or is it more recommended to get a 500w. And they have to come with 2x 6 pins for me to put them into the GPU, because it's a 12 pin I think. Sorry if this all sounds stupid.

I'd be looking for a 500-550 watt model. It should come with two (6+2) 8-pin connectors for the GPU. The 2-pin section separates from it so you can just plug in the 6-pin portion on the hd7870. A 450 watt unit is not much of an improvement from what you have now. If you need a lower cost model a Corsair CX550 would work.

Solution
Feb 25, 2021

Thank you, just found out I would at least need ~500w to run everything alright with no problems . I guess I have to get all that and thank you for everythig + the recommendation :D