can my a10-5800k run 2 monitors?

Kratt010

Reputable
Aug 18, 2014
Both at 720p one for gaming one for web browsing I might bump down the web browsing to 480p
And on the other monitor I'd be doing no msaa and on lowest settings and I could bump up the memory for the apu to 2 gb

Solution

If you mean the memory the APU sets aside for its on-die GPU, yes. As long as you have sufficient system memory to begin with. The a10-5800k can utilize up to 1866 MHz memory. Since the GPU is dealing with slower DDR3 RAM to begin with, 1866MHZ is preferred for best performance.
At 720p, there's not much need to go beyond 1.5GB.

clutchc

Titan
Ambassador
Since you are at 720p resolutions, it should be fine. 2D desktop work won't put much added demand on the APU's GPU. But the more you have running in the background when you game, the less the APU's CPU will be able to devote to gaming.

clutchc

Titan
Ambassador

If you mean the memory the APU sets aside for its on-die GPU, yes. As long as you have sufficient system memory to begin with. The a10-5800k can utilize up to 1866 MHz memory. Since the GPU is dealing with slower DDR3 RAM to begin with, 1866MHZ is preferred for best performance.
At 720p, there's not much need to go beyond 1.5GB.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS