Oct 13, 2021
so, i just build my first computer. my Specs :
CPUs : AMD Ryzen 5 5600g
RAM : Team Delta 8x2 3600mhz
Mobo : Gigabyte B550M DS3H

in short, i play with APU only from Ryzen 5 5600g i don't have VGA. i just use the XMP to boost the RAM to 3600mhz, but when i play a games about 10-30 minutes [overwatch, csgo] and my monitor just turn off, my keyboard and my mouse too but the PC still turn on but i can't make it off when i try to hold the power button. so i just plug out the cable and plug in again.

and then i try to downgrade the RAM to 2400Mhz and everything is fine, i play the CSGO about 4 match still no problem.

the question is... this APU from amd ryzen 5 5600g can't run the RAM with 3600mhz ? or is that my motherboard problem ?

sorry, i just new about this.

Solution
Amd officially states support for upto 3200MHz for the 5600g/5700g, but that said, plenty of ppl are using 3600MHz to even being tested at 4000MHz and stable.
View: https://youtu.be/DjnoLlQkmsg

Personally, I'd set xmp, then manually down clocking to 3200MHz to take advantage of Ryzen native support, and also setting Fclock at 1600.

That'll set you at the highest possible ram/APU stability with seriously negligible performance loss.

Karadjgne

Titan
Ambassador
Amd officially states support for upto 3200MHz for the 5600g/5700g, but that said, plenty of ppl are using 3600MHz to even being tested at 4000MHz and stable.

Personally, I'd set xmp, then manually down clocking to 3200MHz to take advantage of Ryzen native support, and also setting Fclock at 1600.

That'll set you at the highest possible ram/APU stability with seriously negligible performance loss.

Reactions: Toomay
Solution
Oct 13, 2021

So, how to down clock to 3200MHz and setting the Fclock at 1600MHz?
i don't know how to doing that :(

below is the picture in bios
Preview

EDIT: case SOLVED, i use this setting. i just set the multiplier to 32.00 and then i change the FCLK to 1600. and then nothing happend to my monitor, keyboard, and my mouse. Thank you !!!

Last edited:
Jun 14, 2021
This sounds very similar to my issue but i'm using 3400G with minor differences in specs. I was hoping that upgrading to 5600G would fix the problem, but i guess not.

Anyway, i've tried to google this issue and found so many different solutions, so i don't fully know the root of the issue myself. I may have found a "workaround", which kind of worked for me. I'll post it here too in case it works for you.

I tried one of the solutions posted randomly about lowering the APU GFX Clock and it seems to stop my crash. I used Ryzen Master and set the Peak Core(s) Voltage to 1.1, and set the APU GFX Clock to below 1000.

Gonna be honest, I just followed a guide about undervolt/underclock and I don't FULLY know what's being done. Was going to post this as a thread to get a better understanding, but i just got lazy lol... I figured it's pretty safe anyway since i'm lowering the performance of the cpu. Played some games and barely noticed the difference tbh.

Oct 13, 2021
This sounds very similar to my issue but i'm using 3400G with minor differences in specs. I was hoping that upgrading to 5600G would fix the problem, but i guess not.

Anyway, i've tried to google this issue and found so many different solutions, so i don't fully know the root of the issue myself. I may have found a "workaround", which kind of worked for me. I'll post it here too in case it works for you.

I tried one of the solutions posted randomly about lowering the APU GFX Clock and it seems to stop my crash. I used Ryzen Master and set the Peak Core(s) Voltage to 1.1, and set the APU GFX Clock to below 1000.

Gonna be honest, I just followed a guide about undervolt/underclock and I don't FULLY know what's being done. Was going to post this as a thread to get a better understanding, but i just got lazy lol... I figured it's pretty safe anyway since i'm lowering the performance of the cpu. Played some games and barely noticed the difference tbh.

so you keep the RAM at 3600MHz and just underclock the APU ?

Karadjgne

Titan
Ambassador
Every single cpu in the world ever made is unique. There are no 2 the same. That applies for ram or any other chipset or chip or basically anything with a silicon wafer. The difference maybe minute, but it's still a difference. There's 40 or more primary, secondary and tertiary timings in ram, most only see the primary 4 and T clock. Those are quite broad range, so a 16-19-19-38 2T is going to cover multiple sets and is easy for xmp to set/adjust to. But xmp also changes the secondary and tertiary timings in the ram itself, which manual adjustments to clock speeds do not.

So setting xmp gets you a good start, but doesn't always work perfectly because each cpu, APU, ram set may or may not be totally compatible. In Op's case, the APU seems not to like 3600 at xmp voltage, with xmp set timings and an 1800 fclock and that particular full set of timings but is perfectly happy with a 3200MHz and 1600 fclock. It maybe he'd need to raise the voltages on the memory controller, adjust timings, do all kinds of little tweeks just to get all of it in sync. And get that extra 2-3 fps.

What's more important is that it works, and works well, there's no real issue or defect and knowing this Op can now choose to keep tweeking, or leave it alone.

XMP is an OC setting. There are No guarantees about OC. That ram may run perfectly with xmp at 3600 in a different pc or even many pc's, so it's not a fabrication on the factory to claim its 3600. It is, and will run at those speeds. Factory cannot predict what will happen in Op's pc.

Mar 19, 2022

So, how to down clock to 3200MHz and setting the Fclock at 1600MHz?
i don't know how to doing that :(

below is the picture in bios
Preview

EDIT: case SOLVED, i use this setting. i just set the multiplier to 32.00 and then i change the FCLK to 1600. and then nothing happend to my monitor, keyboard, and my mouse. Thank you !!!
so you just change those 2 (FCLK & Multiplier) settings? you don't change anything else?

currently im facing the same problem with the same exact hardware, i dont know lots of bios stuff