[SOLVED] Can my build run a new GPU?

Apr 21, 2020
I know my current build is pretty old now, but I don't have the cash to upgrade everything at the moment.
I'm wondering if I can simply upgrade the graphics card for some improvement over what I have now, until I can replace the rest.

I'm looking at getting either a Radeon RX 5600 XT or a GTX 1660 Ti.

I'm currently running:

GIGABYTE GA-Z87-HD3 MOTHERBOARD

INTEL I5-4670K 3.40GHz

GEFORCE GTX 770 2GB

CORSAIR VENGEANCE 16GB 1333MHz

EVGA SUPER NOVA 850W PCU

Thanks in advance!

Solution
Absolutely it can. There is no reason why it can't support either of those graphics cards, and likely would be fine with even an RX 5700 or RTX 2060 without suffering any major problems. Obviously that is a four core CPU so on any modern games that are highly dependent on a lot of cores, it's not going to do as well, but for games that are still limited to four or fewer cores it's not going to perform wildly different than even a current gen CPU.

So long as your expectations are realistic, you will be totally fine.
Absolutely it can. There is no reason why it can't support either of those graphics cards, and likely would be fine with even an RX 5700 or RTX 2060 without suffering any major problems. Obviously that is a four core CPU so on any modern games that are highly dependent on a lot of cores, it's not going to do as well, but for games that are still limited to four or fewer cores it's not going to perform wildly different than even a current gen CPU.

So long as your expectations are realistic, you will be totally fine.

Solution