[SOLVED] Can my case support an open air GPU? Looking to upgrade GPU.

Aug 11, 2020
Hello, I have a corsair obsidian 800D case, with a i9 9900KS, a h150i 360mm top mounted watercooler, and currently a gtx 1080ti founders edition which is a blower card, I am looking to upgrade to the GTX 3080ti whenever it is released, and I am assuming, based off of the 2080, will be a open-air GPU card instead of a blower, and even if the founders edition isn't I'd like to go with an open air version. I am wondering if my case can support an open air GPU, as I have only ever owned blowers. Here is my airflow setup. Airflow Setup

Thank you for your time.

Solution
Hey man,

Little bit of research, the maximum length of grapics cards supported by the 800D is 430mm or 16.9 inches. I'm pretty sure you're going to be fine with any graphics card in that case, to be honest.
Aug 11, 2020
Hey man,

Little bit of research, the maximum length of grapics cards supported by the 800D is 430mm or 16.9 inches. I'm pretty sure you're going to be fine with any graphics card in that case, to be honest.

Alright, I just wanted to make sure, as I know the airflow design in that case is... unique to say the least. Didn't want to choke my CPU out. I will most likely be getting new case fans anyway, as mine are currently from 2011. Any recommendations on some quiet, but powerful/high CFM 140mm case fans?

Haha, yeah, the front of the 800D is pretty closed off. Have gone from a 450D (with a VERY open front) to a 500D, which is kind of in the middle.

I'm a Noctua fanboi myself, but their fans are expensive. Fractal Design fans can be a bit cheaper, depending on where you live, but their fans can be quite good too. Fractal Design Venturi HF-14 have a very high CFM at only 26-27 DB, while still affordable.