Question Can my computer handle a GTX 1060 graphics card?

Jul 22, 2019
Looking to upgrade my graphics card so that my computer is VR ready. I'm quite new to owning a computer and have been getting some help from my brother who knows a lot more but we had trouble figuring out, and now I'm here!
Here's a summary of my specs:

CPU: Intel Core i5 4670K @ 3.40GHz (Haswell 22nm Technology <-- no idea what that means)

RAM: 8Gb DDR3 (I will be getting an extra 16gb DDR4 if possible in the near future after I sort out the graphics card, unless I need it before)

Motherboard: ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC. H87M-PRO (SOCKET 1150 <-- side note, can anyone tell me what that means? xD)

-Just in case this is needed-

Current Graphics Card:
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 760 (Gigabyte)

Storage:
Samsung SSD 860 EVO 500GB
Seagate 4TB HHD

I would very much appreciate it if you could help me out, thank you in advance if you do help! :)

Yes you can run that card. What power supply do you have? Im assuming its a fairly decent one since you are currently running a GTX 760 which uses alot more power then a 1060.

I also want to suggest unless you are getting a good deal on the 1060, a GTX 1660 or 1660ti would be a better option.

Reactions: BobGoat
Jul 22, 2019
Yes you can run that card. What power supply do you have? Im assuming its a fairly decent one since you are currently running a GTX 760 which uses alot more power then a 1060.

I also want to suggest unless you are getting a good deal on the 1060, a GTX 1660 or 1660ti would be a better option.
Oh yeah! I totally forgot about the power supply. I'm using a 'Cooler Master MWE Bronze 650W' if that makes any sense. Thank you for the feedback. I'll be sure to look around and see if I can get a good deal on a GTX 1660 or 1660ti. Think it will be better to get a better one to save me from upgrading again soon!