[SOLVED] Can my computer play Wolfenstein II?

budgy

Honorable
Sep 20, 2013
I want to buy Wolfenstein II during the Black Friday sale. I think my computer is too slow. Can I still play it even though I don't meet the requirements? Here is the minimum requirements for Wolfenstein II:

CPU: Intel Core i7-3770/AMD FX-8350 or better
GPU: Nvidia GTX 770 4GB/AMD Radeon R9 290 4GB or better
RAM: 8GB

Solution
The lower the setting more change that your CPU is move involved so you should try to use say med/high setting and slowly dial back from there to find the setting that your system plays best at. You should be fine if you play the new Doom probably close to the same setting.

gasaraki

Distinguished
Jun 11, 2008
What do you have?

nvm, looked at your sig

I think you're ok. You have a 1060, just play it NOT at the lowest setting and your cpu should be a non factor.

If you are playing at 1080, set it to low but bump the anti-alising to 2x maybe.

budgy

Honorable
Sep 20, 2013

I have 1060, so do not play at lowest settings? Does the CPU have more load if I play it on lowest settings or something?

ikaz

Distinguished
The lower the setting more change that your CPU is move involved so you should try to use say med/high setting and slowly dial back from there to find the setting that your system plays best at. You should be fine if you play the new Doom probably close to the same setting.

Solution