[SOLVED] Can my computer run a 2070 Super?

Aug 31, 2019
My computer was built in 2011, it still runs well but struggles to run newer games at 1440p. Not sure if the parts are outdated enough to warrant a new PC or if only upgrading the graphic card will be sufficient.

CPU: i7 2600K
GPU: GTX 970
Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-P67A-UD3P-B3
RAM: 16 GB DDR3 @ 798 MHz
PSU: Corsair HX850W
Case: Thermaltake Armor MX

Solution
Such a powerful gpu will only be worth it if you are using a high refresh rate monitor (120hz+) with it.

Most likely you won't be able to max out the gpu in cpu heavy titles like AC:O, Bf5. Less intense titles like overwatch, fortnite should run fine.

Anyways a bit of overclocking your cpu would be worth it. The 2600k is well known for plenty of oc headroom. If oc is not enough you could still upgrade the platform later on.

Serinox

Reputable
Jun 23, 2017
Such a powerful gpu will only be worth it if you are using a high refresh rate monitor (120hz+) with it.

Most likely you won't be able to max out the gpu in cpu heavy titles like AC:O, Bf5. Less intense titles like overwatch, fortnite should run fine.

Anyways a bit of overclocking your cpu would be worth it. The 2600k is well known for plenty of oc headroom. If oc is not enough you could still upgrade the platform later on.

Solution