Sep 17, 2021
my specs
motherboard - acer vertion s6610g
processer-intel i5 2300 cpu
ram-16 gigs
power supply-500w

Solution
Technically yes.
It would be handicapped by CPU as far as frame rates.
And your power supply model makes a huge difference. It may or may not run it without killing it.
Exactly what is your power supply model?
Sep 17, 2021
Technically yes.
It would be handicapped by CPU as far as frame rates.
And your power supply model makes a huge difference. It may or may not run it without killing it.
Exactly what is your power supply model?
It’s a cit model arx-500cb and I think I read the power supply wrong on the information for it it says c-input:100-230, 4a, 50hz dc output +3.3v +5v +12 -12v +5vsb and then 15a 15a 30a 0.5a 2.5a and then Max output total 500 w

Eximo

Titan
Ambassador
That isn't good, that makes it a 360W power supply by normal standards (12V output). This is not adequate for running a 3060Ti which is itself a 200W (12V) card, plus your CPU and other hardware is going to be pushing it close to 300W, and since it is not a new power supply, it probably isn't capable of outputting its stated rating any longer.

That said, since the GPU is likely to no be fully taxed due to the CPU limitations, it might actually work. However, you really should invest in a new CPU/Motherboard/RAM to utilize such a card.

Sep 17, 2021
That isn't good, that makes it a 360W power supply by normal standards (12V output). This is not adequate for running a 3060Ti which is itself a 200W (12V) card, plus your CPU and other hardware is going to be pushing it close to 300W, and since it is not a new power supply, it probably isn't capable of outputting its stated rating any longer.

That said, since the GPU is likely to no be fully taxed due to the CPU limitations, it might actually work. However, you really should invest in a new CPU/Motherboard/RAM to utilize such a card.
What would you recommend upgrading to

DSzymborski

Titan
Anything Tier A or B of at least 550W on the curated PSU tier list housed here.

(Preferably Tier A given the cost of a 3060 Ti right now, but Tier B are legitimate PSUs, unlike the frightening one now haunting your PC).

Reactions: Unolocogringo