Can my current motherboard support a GTX 750 Ti

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nov 30, 2018
Hey, I have a crappy pc and am recently going to upgrade the graphics card to a MSI NVIDIA GeForce GTX 750 Ti 2GB and my processor to a Intel Core i5-2500 3.3GHz Quad-Core, can my motherboard (MSI Pro Series Intel B250 LGA 1151 DDR4 USB 3.1) support a GTX 750 Ti.

And one more stupid question, if i were to buy the processor without the fan that it comes with, can i still use my old one form my intel pentium or do each fan have a different power to cool the more powerful components. Please let me know if i'm doing anything wrong.
sorry for the dumb questions im new to PC building.

Solution
To start with, that motherboard is not compatible with the i5-2500. Completely different generations and chipsets. The i5-2500 is a Sandy bridge socket 1155 processor while the B250 motherboard is a Kaby lake socket 1151 motherboard meant for CPUs like the i5-7600k and i7-7700k.

That board certainly supports that graphics card and if you had the right motherboard for that i5-2500, IT would support that graphics card as well.

Most likely the stock Pentium fan from the same generation as you CPU will work, but it's not going to be very capable and you will likely have thermal issues. An aftermarket cooler like the Gammaxx 400 would be wise investment.
To start with, that motherboard is not compatible with the i5-2500. Completely different generations and chipsets. The i5-2500 is a Sandy bridge socket 1155 processor while the B250 motherboard is a Kaby lake socket 1151 motherboard meant for CPUs like the i5-7600k and i7-7700k.

That board certainly supports that graphics card and if you had the right motherboard for that i5-2500, IT would support that graphics card as well.

Most likely the stock Pentium fan from the same generation as you CPU will work, but it's not going to be very capable and you will likely have thermal issues. An aftermarket cooler like the Gammaxx 400 would be wise investment.

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.