[SOLVED] Can my friend run these mentioned games?

Wirmaple73

Prominent
Apr 14, 2019
Hello. my friend wants to Play these game

GTAV - Max Settings
Mafia 2 - Max Settings
Mafia 3 - Medium-High Settings
Read Dead Redemption 2 - Medium-High Settings
LA Noire - Max Settings
CSGO - Max Settings

PES 2020 - Medium-High Settings
All at 720p Res | MSAA OFF | FXAA ON

and he ain't sure if he can run them with the mentioned settings

Intel i5-2400 (Not OC'ed even 1MHz)
RX 470 4GB GDDR5 (Not OC'ed even 1MHz)
8GB DDR3 RAM (2x4GB)
720p Resolution (1280x720)

I think these Stats look good
Can he run these Mentioned Games Smoothly (+40-50 FPS) at 720p at mentioned Settings?

Solution
Using grouped along the lines of "minimal", "recommended", and "best".
The average gamer needs more info than that, especially when estimating power of older gen hardware with newer gen reqs listed by devs. I use Passmark a lot because it gives you a pretty good idea how any two GPU models compare in power. In general one can assume min reqs mean low settings, and recommended reqs mean high, but res factors in too. At 720p you're going to get better results FPS wise, as most devs count 1080p as the res commonly used by mainstream gamers.

So Google for title of game followed by requirements. Sites like System Requirements Lab have been around a long time and are trusted to be accurate to that of the actual developers reqs. To be...

Ralston18

Titan
Games generally list the required hardware specs needed to run the game.

You do not want "minimal" and you do want as much "best" as you can afford and will fit into the system build.

The only way to answer the question is to compare each game's respective hardware requirements to the system.

Specs for games and hardware are often established under ideal testing conditions.

Remember that even though a game may run its performance at any level may not be enough to be competitive.

The average gamer needs more info than that, especially when estimating power of older gen hardware with newer gen reqs listed by devs. I use Passmark a lot because it gives you a pretty good idea how any two GPU models compare in power. In general one can assume min reqs mean low settings, and recommended reqs mean high, but res factors in too. At 720p you're going to get better results FPS wise, as most devs count 1080p as the res commonly used by mainstream gamers.

So Google for title of game followed by requirements. Sites like System Requirements Lab have been around a long time and are trusted to be accurate to that of the actual developers reqs. To be as accurate as possible, given that you list mostly higher settings, you'll want to stick with Recommended spec. Then compare Passmark scores of recommended GPU to the GPU being used. I did a quick check on GTA V and the RX 470 scores 7897 compared to only 4768 of the recommended HD 7870 2GB . Given it's being played at 720p as well, I'd say that one is no problem.

Given the info you've been provided, I think you can do the rest of the checking.

Solution

WildCard999

Titan
If your friend is getting those games from Steam they do allow for refunds as long as you play the game under 2 hours which is usually plenty of time to find out how well it runs. The most difficult game to run on that list is RDR2 so if they can run that around medium-ish settings smoothly the rest of the games should work fine as long as the graphic settings are set appropriately.
https://store.steampowered.com/steam_refunds

I second @Frag Maniac recommendation of using Systemrequirementlab and looking more towards the recommended specs.

TRENDING THREADS