Can my laptop run GTA V ?

AndroidEnthusiast

Reputable
Sep 5, 2014
Hello.
Last week I bought a Lenovo G50-45 laptop. It runs Battlefield 4 in 1366*768 low settings quite smoothly at an average of 45 fps.
So I was wondering if I could play GTA V or not!

The specs are:
2.4ghz AMD A8 6410 Quad Core APU
8GB RAM
2.5GB dedicated AMD Radeon R5 M230 graphics.

I know that these specs do not qualify for playing GTA V according to the requirements disclosed by Rockstar, but it didn't qualify for Battlefield 4 either.

Thank you.

Solution
yep. agreed.
honestly though i think theres something up with it. they have already dropped the price and delayed it so it makes me think there may be more issues.
but if he can play bf4 at 45fps avg, then like i say it should at least manage a playable framerate even if it is at minimum.

but that is a guess and we will have to wait and see.

miggtt699

Distinguished

Short and simple - I'd doubt it, but you can always try when it comes out.

Don't hype up for it, it probably won't run it on low without it being a slideshow

miggtt699

Distinguished

Keep in mind that the console versions of the game on the 360 and PS3 had performance issues, and knowing GTA it'd probably love that CPU clock and raw power, and the CPU on his laptop isn't nothing to write home about.

Also his GPU isn't amazing either, it gets by with some gaming but I'd doubt he'd get away with playing it with an enjoyable experience.

I'd say this laptop will run GTA V on 1280x720 on low with around 17-25FPS

yep. agreed.
honestly though i think theres something up with it. they have already dropped the price and delayed it so it makes me think there may be more issues.
but if he can play bf4 at 45fps avg, then like i say it should at least manage a playable framerate even if it is at minimum.

but that is a guess and we will have to wait and see.

Solution

miggtt699

Distinguished

Yeah no... I'm not seeing much hope for it... That quad-core is almost as strong as an E8500 (Core 2 duo @3.1Ghz) and the graphics card is weaker than a GT 740M so I wouldn't spark much hope... But then again, it's going to have Mantle support and all, so let's all hope for the best.

Pc6777

Honorable
Dec 18, 2014
well rockstar delayed the game hopefully because of that we will get a half decent port and not some crap. You should be able to run if you lag on 720p low you could always turn it down to 800x600 as a last resort but I don't think you will have to do that. You should be able to get by.