Can my laptop work with this monitor?

Solution
HDMI and miniDP out on the laptop, HDMI and DisplayPort in on the monitor - yes, it'll "work".

The monitor *only* uses HDMI 1.4, so you won't be able to hit to 144Hz refresh rate using HDMI (despite 2.0 coming 'out' of the laptop) - HDMI 1.4 is limited to 120Hz 1080p IIRC.,

You'll need to run a mDP to DisplayPort cable to hit the refresh rate of the monitor.

Barty1884

Retired Moderator
HDMI and miniDP out on the laptop, HDMI and DisplayPort in on the monitor - yes, it'll "work".

The monitor *only* uses HDMI 1.4, so you won't be able to hit to 144Hz refresh rate using HDMI (despite 2.0 coming 'out' of the laptop) - HDMI 1.4 is limited to 120Hz 1080p IIRC.,

You'll need to run a mDP to DisplayPort cable to hit the refresh rate of the monitor.

Solution

HDMI 1.4 can do 144 Hz 1080p just fine. Some monitors are limited to less, but that's a limitation of the monitor. This monitor isn't one of them, it does support 144 Hz at 1080p over HDMI.

Barty1884

Retired Moderator
You're right, it's a limitation of monitors, not the standard itself - I was going from memory.

That being said, I can't find anything definitive that states *this* monitor can do 144Hz @ 1080p..... not saying it can't, but can't prove that it does.

mDP to DP will do it without any potential hiccups though.

I have the monitor, so I can vouch for it; it does work at 1080p 144 Hz over HDMI.

TRENDING THREADS