[SOLVED] Can my laptop's Intel HD 620 handle my game class?

Dec 10, 2018
So I am about to start my classes and I am taking a game design class and one of the required things was I had to have a laptop that has a graphics card that can handle DX 11, it doesn't say anything about my CPU.

Specs:
CPU: Intel Core i7 7500U
GPU: Intel HD 620
RAM: 12 GB of ddr3 most likely
Will I be able to handle the software for this class?

Solution
The program may run on that specification but on a Scale of 1 to 10 how fast and good it would be around 4.

Why?
1. the CPU you have is pretty much decent however This i7 7500U is for decent workload only it cannot handle any heavy application or resource hungry apps and multi-tasking might be limited

The Suffix U at the end of i7 7500 meaning it is Low Powered version of the CPU which is designed for people who want to use the laptop with more longevity because it does not consume battery that much unlike Powerful CPU like the i7 7XXXHQ it has more consumption on the batter but in return big performance on the CPU.

2. the GPU it is a Integrated Graphics and the Intel HD 620 is good for streaming watching video and different...
Aug 18, 2019
The program may run on that specification but on a Scale of 1 to 10 how fast and good it would be around 4.

Why?
1. the CPU you have is pretty much decent however This i7 7500U is for decent workload only it cannot handle any heavy application or resource hungry apps and multi-tasking might be limited

The Suffix U at the end of i7 7500 meaning it is Low Powered version of the CPU which is designed for people who want to use the laptop with more longevity because it does not consume battery that much unlike Powerful CPU like the i7 7XXXHQ it has more consumption on the batter but in return big performance on the CPU.

2. the GPU it is a Integrated Graphics and the Intel HD 620 is good for streaming watching video and different stuff, however that GPU is designed for low powered CPU same story so that it will not consume battery that is the main goal for that SPECS that you have it is leaning for basic use.

it may still run the software but don't expect any good performance

Gaming Laptop are good but in return battery life does not last long but good performance however it consumes more power.

If you don't mind what specific program are you trying to install so that we can search see the minimum requirements as well E.G Adobe Premier or Adobe Audition

The reason we need to check the software requirements because it could be that the Software is more GPU extensive or the CPU extensive or both so that we can recommend you better.

Cheers! :D

Solution
Dec 10, 2018

Why?

2. the GPU it is a Integrated Graphics and the Intel HD 620 is good for streaming watching video and different stuff, however that GPU is designed for low powered CPU same story so that it will not consume battery that is the main goal for that SPECS that you have it is leaning for basic use.

it may still run the software but don't expect any good performance

Gaming Laptop are good but in return battery life does not last long but good performance however it consumes more power.

If you don't mind what specific program are you trying to install so that we can search see the minimum requirements as well E.G Adobe Premier or Adobe Audition

The reason we need to check the software requirements because it could be that the Software is more GPU extensive or the CPU extensive or both so that we can recommend you better.

Cheers! :D
Hello, Thank you so much for replying to my question. I believe the software we will be working with is Unity.