[SOLVED] Can my mobo handle this set of fans?

CraigsCraig

Prominent
Mar 24, 2019
Hello!
I want to buy the Thermaltake Pure 12 ARGB 3 fan set for my PC. My mobo is ASRock B450M Steel Legend. I did check amps used by the fans and it was all right. The problem comes when looking at voltages and RGB. I can't find if the chassis fan header on the mobo will handle the voltages of the 3 fans. And the RGB - how much does it use and can the ARGB header handle it? Same story about my CPU cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 RGB Black Edition. Only difference is I will be using the RGB LED header this time. Will all this work out in the end?
Help is appreciated!

Solution
The splitter on the fan header should be able to handle 3 fans, not more than that. The board you own has an ARGB header so that will also be supported by the fans you're looking at. FYI, all the necessary connectors are included with the board and the fans.

You should also accept that ARGB and RGB are two different standards and the behavior of lighting will vary, yes you can connect it but sync the two sets of lights will be a challenge in it's own self.

Lutfij

Titan
The splitter on the fan header should be able to handle 3 fans, not more than that. The board you own has an ARGB header so that will also be supported by the fans you're looking at. FYI, all the necessary connectors are included with the board and the fans.

You should also accept that ARGB and RGB are two different standards and the behavior of lighting will vary, yes you can connect it but sync the two sets of lights will be a challenge in it's own self.

Solution

CraigsCraig

Prominent
Mar 24, 2019

They are for sure 2 different ports, but I think the connector that comes with the CM is for an RGB LED header. As long as voltage, amperage and wattage are good and it works, I'll handle it

TRENDING THREADS