[SOLVED] Can my monitors cable work with a 1050ti?

Jul 31, 2020
NOTE: I will be referring to this image in this post, because I don't know the name for different connections.

So, i got a 1050ti. Plugged it in, got it up and working, installed the driver. Aaaaaaaaaand my monitor went blank. Removed the gpu, put it back in, nothing.

So, I think its a problem with the cables. The 1050ti has a port which looks like the 4th port in the image. My monitor has the same port. However, my vga cable is the type that would fit into the 3rd port.

Is my vga cable the problem? Will I have to buy a new one thats compatible with the gpu/monitor? Or did I screw up somewhere else?

UPDATE:
Im not sure what happened, but the monitor shows stuff now, but its all stretched out horizontally.

Last edited:
Solution
what are the rest of the system specs? the cable should work as is though it will limit the resolution and refresh rate vs the proper cable. the cable you have is a DVI-D single link and the one you should be using is a DVI-D dual link. they are compatible with each other.

so the problem likely lies elsewhere.

Math Geek

Titan
Ambassador
what are the rest of the system specs? the cable should work as is though it will limit the resolution and refresh rate vs the proper cable. the cable you have is a DVI-D single link and the one you should be using is a DVI-D dual link. they are compatible with each other.

Solution
Jul 31, 2020

Yea no ok so im just a dumbass and hadnt switched from the onboard graphics to the gpu. 🤷‍♂️

TRENDING THREADS