[SOLVED] Can my mother board handle this ram?

May 20, 2020
Hi there.
I’m quite new to the PC build scene abs just got myself a gaming PC.
My motherboard can handle up to 64gb ram 3200mhz.

I already have 1 16gb 3200 in and 3 more slots.

can I put another 16gb 3200 in safely?

or is the 3200mhz combined over all the slots.
Apologies for the newbie question!
Thanks in advance

Solution
3200MHz is the overall speed your ram will be running at, and all sticks need to have both the same clock speed and all the same exact timings. It's recommended that you make sure you have the exact same brand and model as the stick that's already in your mobo. Check your mobo manual to make sure that both sticks are in the correct spots too, they wont work in just any slot combination.
3200MHz is the overall speed your ram will be running at, and all sticks need to have both the same clock speed and all the same exact timings. It's recommended that you make sure you have the exact same brand and model as the stick that's already in your mobo. Check your mobo manual to make sure that both sticks are in the correct spots too, they wont work in just any slot combination.

Solution
May 20, 2020
Oh thank you.

I’ll look into what it can take, I just saw it was 64gb 3200 and assumed I could just buy another 16gb 3200 and a lot it next to it ha!

my mobo is the ASUS prime b450 m-a. I’ll have look for the Manual online!
Thanks!