[SOLVED] Can my motherboard handle the new nvidia RTX GPU ?

Jul 26, 2019
hi guys ,
i have a prebuilt PC which is acer predator g3-710 , ram 16 g, Intel core i7 7700, gtx 1070, so i am thinking of upgrading my GPU to rtx 2080 ti oc.
should i buy another motherboard or it can handle it ?
and if not which are the best motherboards for my case ?

thanks .

Solution
What he means is that your systems case could be proprietary. You'll have to do the following:
  1. Measure your existing 1070 and compare it against the dimensions of the 2080 ti
  2. Measure the amount of space for the graphics card in the case and make sure the 2080 ti isn't longer or wider/thicker.

Barty1884

Retired Moderator
Motherboard-wise, you should be fine.

Physical compatibility with a GPU of differing dimensions might be problematic - and the PSU may have to be looked at too, not 100% sure what the Predator shipped with, but it was probably just enough for the 7700 + 1070

Jul 26, 2019
Motherboard-wise, you should be fine.

Physical compatibility with a GPU of differing dimensions might be problematic - and the PSU may have to be looked at too, not 100% sure what the Predator shipped with, but it was probably just enough for the 7700 + 1070

what do u mean with ((Physical compatibility with a GPU of differing dimensions might be problematic )) sorry my English is not that much ..
and for the PSU i think i have to order one with 750w , like u said maybe its just enough for these components .
thanks

Jul 26, 2019
What he means is that your systems case could be proprietary. You'll have to do the following:
  1. Measure your existing 1070 and compare it against the dimensions of the 2080 ti
  2. Measure the amount of space for the graphics card in the case and make sure the 2080 ti isn't longer or wider/thicker.

oh okey
thats easy
ty ty