[SOLVED] Can my Motherboard support i5-9400F

Solution
Yes, it will work... .. - BUT you need BIOS to version F12, or newer. If you are currently on a BIOS version lower than F12, you need to update BIOS before installing the 9400F CPU.

You can use CPU-z to check your current BIOS version. Download CPU-z

If you need to update your BIOS, you need to download the correct one for your motherboard from Gigabyte's support page for your exact motherboard model.
The reason why it says N/A is because that column refers to the frequency of the integrated graphics (iGPU) which the 9400F doesn't have.

Look to the far right side of the chart, it says the 9400F (all three versions) is supported from BIOS F12 and up

Yes, the 1070 will be able to run on this motherboard

I'm unfamiliar with that specific PSU, someone else will know better than me, how good it is.

Last edited:
Jun 27, 2019
The reason why it says N/A is because that column refers to the frequency of the integrated graphics (iGPU) which the 9400F doesn't have.

Look to the far right side of the chart, it says the 9400F (all three versions) is supported from BIOS F12 and up

Yes, the 1070 will be able to run on this motherboard

I'm unfamiliar with that specific PSU, someone else will know better than me, how good it is.
Thank you so much! Im very bad at english so the i5 9400F Will work great with my motherboard and GPU?

Yes, it will work... .. - BUT you need BIOS to version F12, or newer. If you are currently on a BIOS version lower than F12, you need to update BIOS before installing the 9400F CPU.

You can use CPU-z to check your current BIOS version. Download CPU-z

If you need to update your BIOS, you need to download the correct one for your motherboard from Gigabyte's support page for your exact motherboard model.

Solution