Can my motherboard support i7-4790k?

adam_91

Commendable
Mar 3, 2016
I have AMD and it is rubbsih. I want to up grade to Intel i7. Can it support it though?
I went to a website called crucial to scan my pc and this is the results:

Chipset: AMD A68
Graphics card: PCI Express x16
External connector: 15-hole connector

Please help?

adam_91

Commendable
Mar 3, 2016

To replace the motherboard, you have to open the PC up -_-. If i buy a new motherboard, does it come with the CPU or not?

adam_91

Commendable
Mar 3, 2016

You have to put this band thing on when you do this, whats it called? Recommend any RAM? Why do you need to buy a new copy of windows, i seriously don't get that.

Some company made your PC and sold it to you, they bought a single use copy of windows to put on it (its cheaper). They are an OEM.
Since you would be buying and building directly, you are a retail user (non OEM). Which is why you need a new copy.

adam_91

Commendable
Mar 3, 2016

Ok, i need new motherboard, which in this case i chose Z97-PRO GAMER, i need new RAM, new copy of windows, and a new processor. If i buy a new motherboard, i can still use my AMD for now until i get intel? Thanks for the help buddy :)

You can continue to use your current processor on the current board, the new board needs an intel processor.
I suggest going into the components section, and posting a budget where you can get recommendations when you are ready to purchase. (prices and things change)

adam_91

Commendable
Mar 3, 2016

I will buy the board then wait till i get the processor, and windows, do i really need new RAM?

adam_91

Commendable
Mar 3, 2016

Storage: SATA 2 - 3Gb/s
MSI (Micro Star) A68HM GRENADE

I forgot to mention these

adam_91

Commendable
Mar 3, 2016

Becuase, i told my ICT teacher, and he said is everything compatible, but i'm really confused. Should i buy all the stuff and test it? Oh, he said i would need more RAM, they come in pairs. Have any cases you recommend? I don't have a suitable one. Want a pic of it?