Can My Motherboard support Intel-G4560-Pentium-Processor-LGA1151 ?

anshulgamer

Honorable
Aug 21, 2017
Hi There,

I wanted to ask that can my motherboard ASUSTeK Computer INC. P5GC-MX/1333 (LGA 775) support Intel-G4560-Pentium-Processor-LGA1151 ?
Actually,I want to add a GTX 1030 in my PC so I was told that I have to upgrade my present CPU that is Intel Pentium E2180 @ 2.00GHz Conroe 65nm Technology

I want to run games like GTA V, GTA IV, Hitman Absolution with playable FPS

Thanking You,
Anshul Mishra

Solution
Sorry had to LOL.

No your 10 year old socket 775 motherboard will not support a modern CPU.

That LGA 775 means Land Grid Array (so pins on the motherboard touching metal contacts on the CPU) with 775 pins.
Thus LGA 1151 means there is 1151 pins connecting the motherboard to the CPU.

So not even accounting for massive technology changes, complete lack of chipsets to support it and hardware incompatibilities, you cant physically connect a socket with 775 pins to a cpu requiring 1155 pins. The sockets must match or it is an immediate no-go.
Sorry had to LOL.

No your 10 year old socket 775 motherboard will not support a modern CPU.

That LGA 775 means Land Grid Array (so pins on the motherboard touching metal contacts on the CPU) with 775 pins.
Thus LGA 1151 means there is 1151 pins connecting the motherboard to the CPU.

So not even accounting for massive technology changes, complete lack of chipsets to support it and hardware incompatibilities, you cant physically connect a socket with 775 pins to a cpu requiring 1155 pins. The sockets must match or it is an immediate no-go.

Solution
Also your board will never support a GTX 1030 because all modern gen GPUs (so 10xx NVIDIA cards and 4xx/5xx model AMD cards) all require UEFI bios in order to work, which a socket 775 board is certainly not going to have.

Your best option is a GTX 750 ti, although that will still bottleneck a dual core pentium.

My recommendation is not to sink another penny into that old system, any attempt to upgrade is just going to be a complete waste of money. Instead save to buy a new system. A kabylake pentium + mobo + ram will run around $200 USD.

u already answer the question urself man:
"I had a LGA 775 Mobo"
"can i use LGA 1151?"
Intel gave em different socket number for a reason :p

Anyway, about adding the 1030, since PCIe slot are backward compatible just like USB ports, u should be able to use the 1030 even in the old rig of yours, though don't expect it to work on it's maximum peformance (bcz it's just like using a USB 3.0 in a USB 2.0 port, also, not to mention if there's bottleneck too, and there's also BIOS issue)
Changing to G4560 mean u need a whole new rig (preferably)
new RAM, new good PSU, and of course a good GPU, i suggest u save up, get a new rig, and pair it with a GTX 1050ti instead, the best performance GPU that doesn't require any pin connector too, as anything beyond it seems to have some significant price increase bcz of the mining craze.

For quite a few generations this is entirely correct, however since the new 10xx series no longer supports legacy bios (and no passive VGA support either), this means that only UEFI bios boards are compatible.

oh master, which mobo generation start to support UEFI BIOS? i have a Jetway T161MA which is a pretty old board (LGA 1155) and somehow after BIOS update i'm able to pair it with a 1050ti (im using an active adapter for the display)
(just an out-of-topic trivial question to expand my knowledge :))

Socket 1155 was 2nd/3rd generation intel so your board was at minimum 4 years newer with DDR3 and SATA3 so there was a large jump between them.

I dont claim to be the know-all of all motherboards, but you don't have to be to know that 2008 (or older) LGA 775 board did not have UEFI bios, just like I know your Jetway does not have an m2 slot or USB C.

There was for sure UEFI bios for most all LGA 1155 and previous generation LGA 1356 boards; believe some 1156 had it, but not the majority.

ok, thanks for your info :D
btw, can the DDR3 be used as the standard to say that this/that mobo supports UEFI BIOS or should i use the release date of the mobo as the standard?