can my motherboard support RAM ddr3 or ddr4?

iskandartsani7

Prominent
Dec 13, 2017
i would like to upgrade my ram to 8gb
manufacture - Hawleet-packard
mode l- 0AACH
Chipset -INTEL Q35 REV A2
SOUTHBRIDGE - INTEL 82801I0 (ICH9DO)
LPCIO - SMSC SCH5327

Solution
8 GB of DDR2 only.

The computer comes with double data rate 2 synchronous dynamic random access memory (DDR2-SDRAM) dual inline memory modules (DIMMs).

DIMMs

The memory sockets on the system board can be populated with up to four industry-standard DIMMs. These memory sockets are populated with at least one preinstalled DIMM. To achieve the maximum memory support, you can populate the system board with up to 8 GB of memory configured in a high-performing dual channel mode.

DDR2-SDRAM DIMMs
For proper system operation, the DDR2-SDRAM DIMMs must be:
• industry-standard 240-pin
• unbuffered PC2-5300 667 MHz-compliant or PC2-6400 800 MHz-compliant
• 1.8 volt DDR2-SDRAM DIMMs

The DDR2-SDRAM DIMMs must also:
• support CAS...
8 GB of DDR2 only.

The computer comes with double data rate 2 synchronous dynamic random access memory (DDR2-SDRAM) dual inline memory modules (DIMMs).

DIMMs

The memory sockets on the system board can be populated with up to four industry-standard DIMMs. These memory sockets are populated with at least one preinstalled DIMM. To achieve the maximum memory support, you can populate the system board with up to 8 GB of memory configured in a high-performing dual channel mode.

DDR2-SDRAM DIMMs
For proper system operation, the DDR2-SDRAM DIMMs must be:
• industry-standard 240-pin
• unbuffered PC2-5300 667 MHz-compliant or PC2-6400 800 MHz-compliant
• 1.8 volt DDR2-SDRAM DIMMs

The DDR2-SDRAM DIMMs must also:
• support CAS latency 5 DDR2 667 Mhz (5-5-5 timing), CAS latency 5 DDR2 800 Mhz (5-5-5 timing), and CAS latency 6 DDR2 800 Mhz (6-6-6 timing)
• contain the mandatory JEDEC SPD information

In addition, the computer supports:
• 512Mbit and 1Gbit non-ECC memory technologies
• single-sided and double-sided DIMMs
• DIMMs constructed with x8 and x16 DDR devices; DIMMs constructed with x4 SDRAM are not supported

NOTE:
The system will not operate properly if you install unsupported DIMMs.

Solution