Question Can my Msi ms 7309 support these gpu's?

Feb 26, 2019
I currently have:
1GB Ram(I'll upgrade to 2GB)
Athlon 64 x2 5000+
Nvidia 6150se
Msi ms 7309 v1
450w psu with 12v+ rail and 12 pin
Here is image of psu:
What GPU's you should recommend to me?I was found these gpu's:8800gts amp!,gts 250,HD 5770 and 9800 gt.Can you recommend me some other gpus that I can run.I want to play some lighter games like:San Andreas Multiplayer,Far Cry 2 and Call of Duty mw4.

delaro

Judicious
Ambassador
:unsure: AM2+ motherboard with Legacy BIOS
450W power supply of unknown origin and number of VGA connectors unknown.

From that alone the max I would suggest is a 750TI which you can find used for around $50. R9 series and a 5770 draw lots of power and I wouldn't recommend that unless you know your PSU is still rock solid and still outputting what it's rated for.

I was on 15$ budget.I want to play some lighter games like:SAMP,Mw4 and Far Cry 2.Thanks!
Whatever you can buy for $15 just get it...

Guru3d says - Now bare with me here as we built a completely new high-end system for this test. We used a new Core 2 Duo X6800 Extreme Processor, the new nForce 680i mainboard, a Zalman cooler, DVD-rom and WD raptor driver. All that in combo with the GeForce 8800 GTX summed up to a peak load of 363 Watts and the GeForce 8800 GTS at 338 Watts (https://www.guru3d.com/articles_pages/geforce_8800_gts_amp_gtx_review,9.html)

So if you are confident that your PSU is OK, go for that one.

Feb 26, 2019
Hello this is my PC build now:
1GB RAM(I'll upgrade RAM to 2GB)
Athlon 64 x2 5000+
Nvidia nForce 430 6150se
I plan to upgrade graphics card to 8800gts amp.Can this GPU fit in my mobo?My psu is 450w 24 pin 12v+ rail.Here is image of my psu: Thanks!! P.S:I dont want to play new games I want to play San Andrea's Multiplayer,Far Cry 2 and Call Of Duty MW4.

Why do you want to buy an older generation GPU, that is 8800GTS ? Anyways, your mobo is having one PCI Express X16 slot for the video card. You can use any GPU. But whether the card will fit, will also depend on the size of your ATX cabinet. Does your card require any external PCI-e connector ? Some old models do, whereas other don't.

According to GURU3D's old article, GeForce 8800 GTS requires a min 400W or greater power supply with 12V current rating of 26A. What's the exact Model number/brand of that PSU ? Does it come with PCI-E cables ? Is this the card which you are looking for, or some other MODEL ??

https://www.techpowerup.com/gpu-specs/zotac-8800-gts-amp-edition.b948

Is this your MOBO ?

MS-7309.jpg

What about your power supply unit ? Which MODEL is that ? Does it come with PCI-E cables ? That ZOTAC model which you want is a DUAL SLOT GPU, and the length is 9 inches. It also requires a SINGLE 6-PIN PCI-E cable. I'm not sure about the exact size of your Micro-ATX cabinet. Which chassis is it ?

If there isn't enough room inside the cabinet, then you won't be able to use this particular video card. MicroATX form factor mostly has support for motherboards measuring a maximum of 9.63 x 9.63 inches (roughly).

Last edited: