Question Can my old CPU handle and RX580?

May 20, 2019
Hi,
for a temporarily solution I want to buy a new video card replacing the old one. But I do not have the money for building a whole new PC right now (and don't even have too much time to play) so I'm planning to keep everything else.
Could you help me please what card to buy which is not bottlenecked yet with my current CPU?
I was thinking with RX580 (since my monitor has freesync) but not sure if it is too much for my CPU or not. Is it worth buying an RX580 or in my case it would not give me too much of extra fps compared to an RX570? Which one would you buy? (I'm planning to sell everything next summer and build a whole new PC so the video card shall not be stronger than the power it can give me right now.)
Btw I'm playing multiplayer, FPS games in 1080p.

my current PC:
Motherboard : ASROCK H87 Pro4
CPU : INTEL Core i5-4570
RAM : (1 piece of) CORSAIR 8GB Vengeance DDR3 1600Mhz CL9 CMZ8GX3M1A1600C9
Video Card : ASUS GTX660 TI-DC2-2GD5 GTX660Ti 2GB GDDR5 PCIE
PSU : FSP Raider 550

Thanks in advance!

Rx 580 is a good match for that CPU... Next thing you might want is another 8gb ram ;)
The reason lutfij asks about your PSU is that the RX 580 will use upto 185w of power. If your PSU is too old, this can cause problems, such as your PSU might fail, and could also damage other parts with it. (I thing I currently have a failed PSU at the moment). But to clarify, the rx580 is good for your CPU... There will be some games where the CPU hold it back, some where the GPU hold it back, and some where it is about perfect.
Hope that helped
Conan

May 20, 2019
Rx 580 is a good match for that CPU... Next thing you might want is another 8gb ram ;)
The reason lutfij asks about your PSU is that the RX 580 will use upto 185w of power. If your PSU is too old, this can cause problems, such as your PSU might fail, and could also damage other parts with it. (I thing I currently have a failed PSU at the moment). But to clarify, the rx580 is good for your CPU... There will be some games where the CPU hold it back, some where the GPU hold it back, and some where it is about perfect.
Hope that helped
Conan
Thanks for the details!
I only was wondering about the PSU question since my gtx 660ti uses up to 225W power. So in case it is not damaged and capacitors look fine it could not damage anything suddenly after replacing the VGA, right?
About the CPU-GPU bottleneck issue I found this page, where it says my old CPU is not powerfull enough. So in case RX580 can only provide me in this case something like +5% speed, than probably not worth spending +20% money compared to RX570. At least that was my dilemma.

One more question: which models are or are not recommended? I read that Sapphire Nitro is a good one, but in my country it is too expensive. There are some cheap like MSI armor, but it's fans aren't look too promising for example...

Thanks for the details!
I only was wondering about the PSU question since my gtx 660ti uses up to 225W power. So in case it is not damaged and capacitors look fine it could not damage anything suddenly after replacing the VGA, right?
About the CPU-GPU bottleneck issue I found this page, where it says my old CPU is not powerfull enough. So in case RX580 can only provide me in this case something like +5% speed, than probably not worth spending +20% money compared to RX570. At least that was my dilemma.

One more question: which models are or are not recommended? I read that Sapphire Nitro is a good one, but in my country it is too expensive. There are some cheap like MSI armor, but it's fans aren't look too promising for example...
The RX 580 will (should) get more than 660 ti in terms of performance. I'd say that your 660 Ti is actually bottlenecking your CPU. You might be interested to look into the MSI afterburner free program. This shows you in game what percentage your hardware is at. For example, your CPU might be running at 100% while your GPU is only running at 80%. It also shows FPS, and temperatures.
In regards to what type of RX 580 is the best, the Sapphire one is. According to userbenchmark, the gigabyte one is the worst, and the sapphire one is the best. As for the Sapphire Vs MSI Armor, https://www.game-debate.com/gpu/ind...Nitro+ 8GB-vs-AMD Radeon RX 580 MSI Armor 8GB says there is less than 3% difference. Tbh, I'd just go for whichever is cheapest.
Conan