Apr 29, 2019
Hi all expert,

Currently my pc spec is:
INTEL CORE I7 7700
ASUS H110M-D
G.SKILL AEGIS Series 2z8GB DDR4 2400mhz (16GB)
EVGA GTX1060 SUPERCLOCKED ACX2.0 3GB DDR5 192Bit (Current Graphic Card)
XIGMATEK X-CALIBRE 500W

I thinking to upgrade to 1080ti.
Will it overheat and could it handle Octane Render?

Please Help!!

iMatty

Reputable
Mar 14, 2019
Before buying that 1080ti you have to change that power supply to a better power supply or else you are risking to kill an insanely expensive gpu for nothing.
I would suggest an Rm750X corsair or something.
And it could, but your processor could be a bottleneck in some game.

Agree with iMatty, your PSU is questionable to put it mildly, get a proper unit before buying such an expensive GPU. As for CPU bottlenecking, it will vary from game to game, some CPU-heavy titles that require more than 4 cores will show a CPU bottleneck, like Battlefield One(and newer) multiplayer. If you aren't too serious about gaming and primarily focus on OctaneRender, then perhaps the 1080 Ti upgrade is worth it, but if you're a competitive multiplayer gamer then perhaps you need a CPU with more cores.

iMatty

Reputable
Mar 14, 2019
Agree with iMatty, your PSU is questionable to put it mildly, get a proper unit before buying such an expensive GPU. As for CPU bottlenecking, it will vary from game to game, some CPU-heavy titles that require more than 4 cores will show a CPU bottleneck, like Battlefield One(and newer) multiplayer. If you aren't too serious about gaming and primarily focus on OctaneRender, then perhaps the 1080 Ti upgrade is worth it, but if you're a competitive multiplayer gamer then perhaps you need a CPU with more cores.

+1