Reputable
Dec 1, 2015
System requirement labs says no, but id like a second opinion. Heres the specs:
Processor AMD A8-5545M APU with Radeon(tm) HD Graphics

Video Card AMD Radeon(TM) HD 8510G

Memory 7.4 GB

Operating System Microsoft Windows 10 (build 10240), 64-bit

Solution
APU's are really bad for hardcore gaming.

Yes you will need a discrete graphics card, probably something like a GTX 750/TI or the AMD equivalent if your able to get a desktop at some point in the future.

Regards

king3pj

Distinguished

My guess is no or at least not very well. Dying Light is a pretty resource heavy game. The AMD APU's have better graphics than a lot of CPU's integrated graphics but it's still not as good as a discrete graphics card. On top of that yours is a laptop APU and those are never as strong as their desktop counterparts.

I wouldn't waste the money on Dying Light even at $20 during the Steam sale. However, if you really want to try it out for yourself you can just buy it and return it if it doesn't run well. Just make sure you test in the first 14 days and you keep the program open for less than 2 hours. If you go over on either of those Steam will not accept your refund.

king3pj

Distinguished

They do but only if you purchase directly from Steam. If you purchase from Steam you can get a refund during the first 14 days after purchase of you have the game running for less than 2 hours based on Steam's timer clock. If you buy a Steam key from another retailer you would be out of luck.