Can my PC run games on 1440p +60fps

LikeABossNT

Reputable
Mar 22, 2014
I'm planning on buying the new Asus 27" PG278Q G-Sync monitor and I was wondering that will my PC be able to run all games on max graphics +60fps
( link to my build: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/njJRgs )
Or should I just buy another GTX 780 for SLI, because I want to see everything that monitor can offer on games like Witcher 3, Dragon Age Inquisition and other games that are coming out.

Solution
I think you're okay in most games at 1440p + 60 FPS at high if not max settings in most. There's some benchmarks here if you want to see some (albeit older) examples. Something like Crysis 3 might require dropping some details, and who knows how those unreleased games will perform.

There's no rush on SLI, another 780 is a drop-in upgrade whenever you feel like you need it. See if you're happy with the performance from one, then decide.

oxiide

Distinguished
I think you're okay in most games at 1440p + 60 FPS at high if not max settings in most. There's some benchmarks here if you want to see some (albeit older) examples. Something like Crysis 3 might require dropping some details, and who knows how those unreleased games will perform.

There's no rush on SLI, another 780 is a drop-in upgrade whenever you feel like you need it. See if you're happy with the performance from one, then decide.

Solution

Preecher

Distinguished
Jan 10, 2006
I have a similar build but I have the 780ti (http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814487002&cm_re=gtx_780ti-_-14-487-002-_-Product), the i5k ,16gb ram, win7 and I am rolling a 1440p 27" monitor (60hz). I havent been benchmarking games but everything is smooth as glass! BL2, Bioshock Infinite, HL2, Diablo3, Wolfenstien NWO, etc... all maxed out settings.

Cant say how much better the ti is to the non-ti but I suspect most titles will be very playable for you even with AA. If you want to be sure, get the ti version :)

LikeABossNT

Reputable
Mar 22, 2014

I guess I could get another GTX 780 when the 800-series are released and the 780 gets a price drop. I will buy the monitor in December/January anyways, because my wallet is not currently that happy, because I bought this PC :D

sylas

Distinguished
Sep 30, 2009
Hell yes you'll be ok, and the nice thing about tight resolutions is the fact that you really don't need a lot of AA. You might be able to get away with running FXAA only.