Can my pc send me a message while running on UPS energy that the elektricity turned off?

Nov 29, 2018
Our elektricity keeps turning off, and although we have an UPS, the fuse prevents the elektricty from coming back up, so the UPS eventually fails. I want my computer to send a message on my phone or an email or something to tell me that the elektricity is down. How?

Eximo

Titan
Ambassador
The modem/router will also need to be on the UPS. And the ISP needs to be active. If the power goes out for any device between you and where they access the internet it won't matter.

Many UPS offer a notification function as part of their software package. If not you may need to research your model. It probably has a signal that indicates it is on battery mode, then you will need some software capable of sending a message based on that input. Beyond that we would be talking about setting up a current sensor on the batteries so you know when they are providing power rather than being charged. Could probably make an arduino or raspberry pi device act in that manner, but that is getting a little technical.