[SOLVED] Can my power supply handle this setup?

Arrigatou

Distinguished
Jun 20, 2015
Hi! My GPU recently died and I am planning to replace it. However it draws a lot more power so I was wondering if I could get any feedback on 'will this run' . I have a Sharkoon WPM Bronze 600W PSU.

My specs are:
-Gigabyte Z370P D3 motherboard
-Intel core i3-8100 3600
-A case with 4 fans
-A HDD 7200RPM
-Corsair 500GB SSD
-8GB Corsair Ballistic RAM of 2400mhz
-Sharkoon WPM Bronze 600W PSU

I used to run this setup with 2x a 24inch monitor and a AMD Radeon HD 6970 (old card).
Within a few days I will get an AMD R9 290x (new card).

So will ya'll expect any problems with running this setup with 2 monitors? Or is it better to take out the HDD and just use 1 monitor? (the second monitor is usualy used for youtube and discord on the side).

Sorry if this question is abit vague, I will gladly offer the information I can.

Thanks in advance for having a look at this

Solution
Hi! My GPU recently died and I am planning to replace it. However it draws a lot more power so I was wondering if I could get any feedback on 'will this run' . I have a Sharkoon WPM Bronze 600W PSU.

My specs are:
-Intel core i3-8100 3600
-A case with 4 fans
-A HDD 7200RPM
-Corsair 500GB SSD

I used to run this setup with 2x a 24inch monitor and a AMD Radeon HD 6970 (old card).

So will ya'll expect any problems with running this setup with 2 monitors? Or is it better to take out the HDD and just use 1 monitor? (the second monitor is usualy used for youtube and discord on the...

Zerk2012

Titan
Ambassador

My specs are:
-Intel core i3-8100 3600
-A case with 4 fans
-A HDD 7200RPM
-Corsair 500GB SSD

So will ya'll expect any problems with running this setup with 2 monitors? Or is it better to take out the HDD and just use 1 monitor? (the second monitor is usualy used for youtube and discord on the side).

Sorry if this question is abit vague, I will gladly offer the information I can.

The monitor has about 0 effect on the PC power draw ( will put the video card under a bit more power draw but not much just using it like that), the hard drive has very little to do with it not a big power draw.
Not the PSU I would use on a 300 watt video card but it should work, of course most here would say buy a new PSU of better quality.

DSzymborski

Titan
No, the PSU is junk, a cheaply made, group-regulated PSU with a +12V that's only 552W, indicating it's Pentium III-era design. In fact, this brand's cheap PSUs are bad enough that it could have very well been a factor in killing your old GPU. I wouldn't attach any discrete GPU requiring supplementary power to this under any circumstances, let alone a very high power, spikey 290x.

My specs are:
-Intel core i3-8100 3600
-A case with 4 fans
-A HDD 7200RPM
-Corsair 500GB SSD

That is not a good psu.
The 1yr warranty flags it.

Shop around for a 600/650w with at least a 5yr warranty.
When you find something you like read the reviews.

Solution