Question Can my PSU be the cause of stuttering in games?

Nov 14, 2019
Hello!
I have been suffering from stuttering at games (most CSGO) for a long time. I replaced several parts of my PC like motherboard, PCU, video card and even memory card. What I had never changed was the PSU.
I recently had to set up a second computer for work and decided to install CSGO to test. Since this new computer had no stuttering and it has a slightly lower configuration than the other, I decided to do more research and start monitoring both with HWMonitor.
I realized that the current was changing a lot, dropping to zero several times.
Could the problem therefore be with the PSU?

Here goes the video:

Thanks.

DSzymborski

Curmudgeon Pursuivant
A PSU typically won't cause this behavior. Software monitoring of voltage is essentially worthless; you only get actual wattage from PSUs that digitally output this information, such as very high-end Corsairs.

What are your current specs? Have you tried a full, fresh install of Windows? (Which ideally should have been done if you're changing your motherboard)

Nov 14, 2019
A PSU typically won't cause this behavior. Software monitoring of voltage is essentially worthless; you only get actual wattage from PSUs that digitally output this information, such as very high-end Corsairs.

What are your current specs? Have you tried a full, fresh install of Windows? (Which ideally should have been done if you're changing your motherboard)

I ran HWMonitor on both computers and this oscillation that I sent does not occur on the other computer that has no stuttering. Its very stable.

I've installed windows on this computer several times (including after changing hardware) and in different versions. Stuttering has always been present. I remembered that the person who set up the computer for me needed to cut one of the wires to connect the cooler and it may be that this is causing this confusion of sending current, but it is only a hypothesis.

Could it also be related to the energy in my house?

Current setup:

Ryzen 2700x
MB ASRock p/ AMD AM4 mATX AB350M Pro4 DDR4
32 GB (2x16gb) G.SKILL Trident Z RGB (For AMD) 3200
Geforce 1060 6GB
PSU Corsair CS550M (with green CS, I've seen some bad reviews about this PSU before)
SSD Sandisk Plus 480GB