[SOLVED] Can my PSU handle RTX 2070 Super ?

shanchya

Honorable
Apr 1, 2013
Guys, greetings from Bangladesh.
Let me share my current configuration first;
  • Motherboard: Z370 TUF Plus Gaming
  • Processor: 8600K @ 4.6~4.7 GHz
  • CPU Cooler: Cooler Master V8 GTS
  • RAM: 2x 8GB GSKILL Ripjaws V (2400MHz)
  • Storage: 1x 500 GB Micron SATA SSD and 2x 2TB WD Blue 7.2K RPM HDD
  • Graphics Card: Gigabyte G1 GTX 970
  • Case: Cooler Master H500P
  • Case Fan: 2x 200mm RGB Fan, 1x 140mm RGB Fan and 1x 140mm Non RGB Fan
  • Power Supply: Cooler Master MWE Gold 650W

Now I am planning to upgrade some parts;

• CPU Cooler: I will replace it with an 240L or 280L AIO liquid cooler
  • Graphics Card: RTX 2070 Super (ASUS ROG STRIX GeForce RTX 2070 SUPER O8G or AORUS GeForce® RTX 2070 SUPER™ 8G)

Now the big question is, can my PSU (650W) can handle these changes?

Please assist me, and accept my apology for bad English ☹

Solution
Minimum recommendation for an RTX2080 is 550w, the FE is 600w. There's no way a 2070, even the super version, will require more. You might add another 50-100w for OC and the uber duper OC version of the super, but even then, that's only 650w on a pc that'll pull only @ 400w or so gaming.

Many psu vendors will bump up wattage recommendations simply due to their knowledge that their psu isn't all that great, so a larger wattage is better off than what's necessarily needed.

Gpu vendors will recommend a higher wattage simply because of the sheer amount of junk psus readily available in ppl's pc's, and will probably need the higher wattage units just for the available connections. Psus are most definitely not created equal.

shanchya

Honorable
Apr 1, 2013
thanks a lot mate .... just worried that the manufacturer said recommended PSU is 650 watt ..... i though they might write it by reducing the actual requirement thinking that it might raise the sale ....:devilish:

Karadjgne

Titan
Ambassador
Minimum recommendation for an RTX2080 is 550w, the FE is 600w. There's no way a 2070, even the super version, will require more. You might add another 50-100w for OC and the uber duper OC version of the super, but even then, that's only 650w on a pc that'll pull only @ 400w or so gaming.

Many psu vendors will bump up wattage recommendations simply due to their knowledge that their psu isn't all that great, so a larger wattage is better off than what's necessarily needed.

Gpu vendors will recommend a higher wattage simply because of the sheer amount of junk psus readily available in ppl's pc's, and will probably need the higher wattage units just for the available connections. Psus are most definitely not created equal.

Solution

shanchya

Honorable
Apr 1, 2013
many thanks mate ..... and i was thinking that the GPU Vendors are putting a lower WATT so that people could buy more :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:...... So i am good right ? inshallah after EID vacation 2070 Super will hit on local market and i will buy ... though coloful brand already brought 2060 Super and 2070 Super in the market .... but i will wait for ASUS / Gigabyte :) .....