[SOLVED] Can my radiator fans be exhaust fans

Synergy34

Prominent
Nov 20, 2019
Hi all,

For my current build I have a Cooler Master H500 case which has 2 200mm fans at the front and room for 2 fans at the top and one fan at the back. I am switching over to dual fan water cooling(Corsair H100x), and realized that in order to keep an airflow balance, I would need to have my 2 radiator fans on the top as exhaust. Is this ok? I would put the radiator fan as intake for better cooling, but I think that is too much positive pressure. Please let me know suggestions

Thanks

Solution
Many people prefer top-mounting their radiators, as it offers slightly better cooling performance for the CPU. You're totally fine doing that! Just make sure that you have enough clearance for the RAM. Depending on the thickness of the radiator and fans, the fans and RAM might be in the way of each other. It looks like the H100x requires 52mm of clearance, so measure from the side of your ram to the ceiling of the case. If there's not enough room, opt for a low profile set of RAM sticks
Many people prefer top-mounting their radiators, as it offers slightly better cooling performance for the CPU. You're totally fine doing that! Just make sure that you have enough clearance for the RAM. Depending on the thickness of the radiator and fans, the fans and RAM might be in the way of each other. It looks like the H100x requires 52mm of clearance, so measure from the side of your ram to the ceiling of the case. If there's not enough room, opt for a low profile set of RAM sticks

Solution