Can my RAM fit into my motherboard cause of CPU fan?

rijadkatardzic

Prominent
Dec 26, 2018
Hello..I am planning to buy RAM, with "cover" from Newegg, probably Corsair or G.Skill...I don't know how to describe it, RAM with a "cover"..So like it's not all green and ugly..I've got ASUS Prime A320M-K and I am not sure if it will fit, cause my CPU Fan is right next to my RAM!Do any of you own A320M-K by any chances and have RAM with "cover"?Please, answer cause I need it.
Thank you.

Solution
The "cover" you're referring to is called a heat sink. Whether or not it will fit due to the cooler's fan depends on which cooler you have. The stock cooler that comes with the Ryzen CPUs will not be a problem. But some after-market coolers might.

Btw, just so you're aware, the A320 and A420 boards do not allow for OC'ing if you had that intention. You would need a B350 or B450, X370 or X470 board.

clutchc

Titan
Ambassador
The "cover" you're referring to is called a heat sink. Whether or not it will fit due to the cooler's fan depends on which cooler you have. The stock cooler that comes with the Ryzen CPUs will not be a problem. But some after-market coolers might.

Btw, just so you're aware, the A320 and A420 boards do not allow for OC'ing if you had that intention. You would need a B350 or B450, X370 or X470 board.

Solution

rijadkatardzic

Prominent
Dec 26, 2018
Hi man, thank you for answer, and yes I know my motherboard is not overclockable, I don't need it for high end gaming, i'm using it for 2 games, one of them is highly good optimised, so.. :D I just needed to check if RAM will fit cause I need 16GB for rendering and that stuff, thank you for your answer.
Cheers.

TRENDING THREADS