[SOLVED] Can my system run modded Skyrim SE?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jul 20, 2019
I recently bought Skyrim special edition on my Pc and I’m planning to download some graphics mods. Around 10 of them. Can my system run them and at what FPS?

I have a:

GTX 1050 2gb
16gb ram
Intel i5 84000
Air cooling
(That’s all the important components)

Solution
I'm not saying that if you game on 1080P, then you would be getting an awful performance. Nope. It depends on what type of MODs you are using. I can't really comment on the exact FPS value, since it depends on several factors, like how the in-game scene is rendered, the Video/graphics you have applied at the game's Menu, and type of graphical mod used.

Indoors you shouldn't experience any severe performance drop. But Outdoors, yes, but this again depends on what type of game level area is that. Overall I think you should be fine.

BTW, what all graphics MODs have you installed for this Game ? On 720p, the game won't put much load on the GPU, since it is going to be CPU-bound, so you can max some of the settings as well.
For which screen resolution, 1080p ? The GTX 1050 isn't a very powerful GPU, but you should be able to play the Special Edition with Mods installed, but in some places the performance is going to tank.

Some Graphical MODs are very demanding, and they also eat a huge amount of GPU VRAM.

Jul 20, 2019
For which screen resolution, 1080p ? The GTX 1050 isn't a very powerful GPU, but you should be able to play the Special Edition with Mods installed, but in some places the performance is going to tank.

Some Graphical MODs are very demanding, and they also eat a huge amount of GPU VRAM.
I am willing to play at 720p if the performance is REALLY awful. Let’s say I do play at 1080p. How much FPS do you reckon I’ll get in whiterun?

I'm not saying that if you game on 1080P, then you would be getting an awful performance. Nope. It depends on what type of MODs you are using. I can't really comment on the exact FPS value, since it depends on several factors, like how the in-game scene is rendered, the Video/graphics you have applied at the game's Menu, and type of graphical mod used.

Indoors you shouldn't experience any severe performance drop. But Outdoors, yes, but this again depends on what type of game level area is that. Overall I think you should be fine.

BTW, what all graphics MODs have you installed for this Game ? On 720p, the game won't put much load on the GPU, since it is going to be CPU-bound, so you can max some of the settings as well.

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.