Question Can my system run these AAA games?

Dec 18, 2021
Hello. I want to play:

-Red Dead Redemption 2
-Control
-Days Gone
-Shadow Of The Tomb Raider
-Metro: Exodus
-Assassin's Creed: Valhalla and Odyssey
-Far Cry 6

System:
CPU: Intel Xeon W3580 4C/8T 3.33GHz(Stock)
Motherboard: Intel DX58SO
Memory: 12GB(4+4+4) Kingston DDR3 1600 MHz
GPU: AMD Radeon R9 280X 3GB GDDR5 384-Bit(Sapphire Tri-X OC)
SSD: Samsung 870 Evo 500GB SATA
PSU: Gigabyte P650B 650W 80+ Bronze
Case: Nzxt H510 Flow
Monitor: Philips 226V4LSB2/62 21.5" 1920x1080 60Hz

Can i play these games?

Hello. I want to play:

-Red Dead Redemption 2
-Control
-Days Gone
-Far Cry 6

System:

Can i play these games?
Could it run? yes

Is the performance okay? depends on the settings.

On old radeon gpu, you could try to use amernime zone driver (or nimez driver), might fix the DX12 performance compared to official drivers.

Hello. I want to play:

-Red Dead Redemption 2
-Control
-Days Gone
-Far Cry 6

System:

Can i play these games?
Yes it can but whether you consider the performance sufficient to be enjoyable is another thing. You won't get a smooth 60 FPS and 1080p will be a struggle. You would probably get a good result at 720p with that GPU though.

If I had to make an educated guess, you would probably be able to play Assassins Creed Odyssey at 30FPS at 720p with a reasonable amount of graphical detail. I would say for a lot of these games you could get a playable result at 720p. I'm basing that on experience with mobile parts as that's the only frame of reference I have for processing power that's in a similar ballpark to the components you have there.

Unfortunately you won't know for sure whether the experience is worth while for you unless you were to try one of them. If it ran Assassins Creed or RD2 then it will probably run all of them. Though AC Odyssey would probably be a safer bet than Valhalla.

If you like FPS games, then the Halo Master Chief Collection should run quite well on that hardware at 1080p.

CompuGuy71

Proper
Jul 20, 2022
I wanted to ask if my system would run these game before buying the games.

Seems like the consensus is: theoretically will run, but not smoothly or at high details/resolution.

As someone who has that same graphics card and a much less impressive processor, I would say you will probably not have a great time. That said I really enjoyed Rise of the Tomb Raider on my machine at 1080 low. Metro last Light runs decently but haven't tried Exodus. My machine chugged through Assassin's Creed Unity so I don't think Odessey or Valhalla are in the cards for that machine.

Like was mentioned before though, you won't really know until you try

Seems like the consensus is: theoretically will run, but not smoothly or at high details/resolution.

As someone who has that same graphics card and a much less impressive processor, I would say you will probably not have a great time. That said I really enjoyed Rise of the Tomb Raider on my machine at 1080 low. Metro last Light runs decently but haven't tried Exodus. My machine chugged through Assassin's Creed Unity so I don't think Odessey or Valhalla are in the cards for that machine.

Like was mentioned before though, you won't really know until you try
May I ask what CPU you used?

iTRiP

Honorable
Feb 4, 2019
Won't be "eye candy" but that system will mostly run that, I'd expect to see the odd error here and there doing that thou. (DirectX12?)

You'll be missing out on the stand out features of most of those titles you mentioned, if you attempt such an endeavor.

I'd speak from experience, having run the likes of Odyssey on a similar system as yours a few years ago, and what I can now determine is that compared to running said game on my more up to date system the game is vastly more eye candy, tests the mind and input response allot more, and is by far more to be enjoyed.

Haven't played any of the other titles you mention on similar hardware, so I wouldn't be able to inform about that.

Last edited: