Can my Toshiba laptop run Sims 3 or 4?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nov 6, 2018
Will a Toshiba Satellite run the Sims 3 or 4?

This are the laptop specificatons:

Windosw 8.1

TOSHIBA Satellite C55D-B

Processor: AMD A8-6410 APU with AMD Radeon R5 Graphics 2.00 GHz

Installed Memory: 4.00 GB (3.44 GB usable)

System type: 64-bit Operating System, x64-based processor

I read the system requirements for the Sims 3 and 4 but I don't really understand any of it.

So I am wondering if anyone can help me out?

Thank you very much!

It should be okay to run Sims 3, but you will likely get pretty poor performance in Sims 4. I recommend you add another stick of 4GB RAM though for three reasons:

#1 - Better graphics performance. Two sticks of RAM means it will run at full speed (dual channel) rather than half speed (single channel). That can improve integrated graphics performance by around 5% to 15%, but it depends on the specific game.

#2 - Windows has more resources, there will be less disk caching when Windows starts running out of physical memory and play games can use up a lot of memory. Disk caching is swapping data between the RAM and hard drive which can slow down performance.

#3 - This is related to #2. Not enough RAM can cause Sims 3 to crash or the laptop to simply freeze which can cost you hours of game time especially if you do not save very often. I have a friend who used to play the Sims 3 a lot and she complained about periodic crashing and freezing. After upgrading the RAM from 4GB to 8GB those problems became a lot less frequent.

Status
Not open for further replies.