[SOLVED] Can no longer boot from working installation disc

McGeezle

Reputable
Nov 17, 2015
I installed Windows 7 from a disc which I've used plenty of times before, but this time it was stuck on "completing installation" so I just rebooted the system to try again.
However, now when it says "windows is loading files" after I press a key to boot from disc, it goes straight to "starting windows" then gives me a cursor on a black screen forever.
The only way to get the disc to run is to disconnect the HDD but then it isn't detected in the list of drives once I reconnect and refresh the list. But this shows there is nothing wrong with the disc.
And yes I have the disc set as the primary boot priority in bios.
How the [censored] do I retry this [censored] installation?

Solution
How the [censored] do I retry this
Still,hit the boot menu key and select the dvd drive just to make sure.

The blinking cursor tells you that boot is searching for a specific drive that contains the boot files but is not finding it,are you sure you didn't have some usb device or anything else connected to your system,did you mess with the sata ports after this happened?
How the [censored] do I retry this
Still,hit the boot menu key and select the dvd drive just to make sure.

The blinking cursor tells you that boot is searching for a specific drive that contains the boot files but is not finding it,are you sure you didn't have some usb device or anything else connected to your system,did you mess with the sata ports after this happened?

Solution

TRENDING THREADS