[SOLVED] Can no longer restart

IMassey

Honorable
Mar 17, 2015
Starting sometime late last month, my computer stopped being able to restart properly, instead hanging on the green "restarting" screen indefinitely. Closing any programs I can before restarting does nothing, and the only way to fix the problem is to force a shutoff, whereupon I need to turn on and force a shutoff repeatedly before it boots properly.

Solution
Open start menu.
Type in "Control Panel" and open it.
If in "Category View" go to "System and Security" then go to "Power Options" and right underneath that click on "Choose What The Power Buttons Do"
If in "List View" go to "Power Options" then on the left panel click the same thing as previously stated.

At the top click the blue link "Change settings that are currently unavailable"
Then at the bottom, expand the "Shutdown settings" menu if it is collapsed.
UNCHECK the option that says "Turn off fast startup"
Then save changes.

Now, click the "Shutdown" option in power options in start menu.
Once it shuts down, boot it back up and wait for it to fully boot startup programs and whatnot then try restarting.

Pay no attention to the...

QwerkyPengwen

Splendid
Ambassador
Open start menu.
Type in "Control Panel" and open it.
If in "Category View" go to "System and Security" then go to "Power Options" and right underneath that click on "Choose What The Power Buttons Do"
If in "List View" go to "Power Options" then on the left panel click the same thing as previously stated.

At the top click the blue link "Change settings that are currently unavailable"
Then at the bottom, expand the "Shutdown settings" menu if it is collapsed.
UNCHECK the option that says "Turn off fast startup"
Then save changes.

Now, click the "Shutdown" option in power options in start menu.
Once it shuts down, boot it back up and wait for it to fully boot startup programs and whatnot then try restarting.

Pay no attention to the fact that it says that restart isn't affected.

Also, make sure to check for updates and ensure that you are fully updated in Windows.

Solution