Question Can not change from High performance to Ultimate Performance

Newley

Reputable
Jun 29, 2017
So my PC is set to use High Performance power plan and whenever I try to use anything else and click on it, it changes for a second and then goes back to High Performance.

I tried to fix it by some CMD command and then it would let me change it to anything else, but after restarting my PC it went back to High Performance right away.

Does anyone know how to fix that problem? It just ticks the other Power Plan, but then removes it and changes back to High Performance right away.

Hello

I was wondering if you already tried creating a new power plan and see if allows you save the changes?

If it doesn't, you can right-click Start, go to Device Manager, expand the Network adapters tree, right-click your NIC, go to Properties, go to the Power Management tab, and check the Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power box.

If the problem is still there you can:

* Right-click Start and go to Power Options.

* Click Additional power settings.

* Click Change plan settings.

* Click Change advanced power settings.

* Expand Intel(R) Graphics Settings > Intel(R) Graphics Power Plan.

* Change both On battery and Plugged in to Balanced or Maximum battery life.

* Save the changes and restart the computer to see if the settings remain persistent.

If the issue is still there, back in the Advanced settings box:

* Expand PCI Express > Link State Power Management.

* Change both On battery and Plugged in status to Moderate power savings or Maximum power savings.

* Expand Wireless Adapter Settings > Power Saving Mode.

* Change both On battery and Plugged in status to Maximum Power Saving.

* Save the changes and restart the computer to see if it helps.

Feel free to report back for any further assistance.

Cheers!!

Reactions: DMAN999