Can not connect Phone to Laptop.

aditya7196

Reputable
Apr 1, 2014
I have Microsoft Lumia 640XL. I recently updated my phone to Windows 10 build 10586 through windows insider. Everything was working really fine until I started experiencing some lock screen issues. So I hard reset my phone. But now since I hard reset it, it can't connect to my laptop (also with win 10). Whenever I connect it, it shows that my device is malfunctioned and windows can't recognize it. In device manager, it shows this device in the USB controllers by name of "Unknown USB Device (Device Descriptor request failed) Code(43). It shows it for a few seconds and then it disappears (My phone is still connected). When I access the hidden devices, the unknown USB device is seen; but when i click on properties, it says that the device isn't connected (Code 45). At the same time I get notification on my phone that my phone is charging slowly. I really need help, I couldn't find solution anywhere. I've hard reset it two times afterwards, but no use, I still can't connect. I downloaded some drivers but when I try to update, it shows the driver software is already up to date.

kashyapjatin

Reputable
Jul 11, 2015
hey..

first of all change ur data cable and if you have usb 3.0 port use it and 2nd thing is device has no problems some time lappy doesn't provide more power to usb port, whenever you connect a usb hub or device.

aditya7196

Reputable
Apr 1, 2014

But when I connect other phones to same USB port and using same cable, they get connected.