Can not connect to all server

Phil

Distinguished
Jan 21, 2001

I have a new labtop computer and when I try to connect to some of the servers
at work,remote desktop does not work but it would allow me to connect to some
of the other servers but not the one that I need to be connect to. Every time
I try it I get the following message. The remote computer disconnected the
session because of an error in the licensing protocol. I have tired to do it
on a second machine and it works fine.
--
Thanks for all your help

This is a server-side issue. From the FAQ:

The remote computer disconnected the session because of an error in
the licensing protocol. Please try connecting to the remote computer
again or contact your server administrator.

Cause: The licensing protocol handles the communication of licensing
information between your computer and the remote computer. If there is
an error in the licensing protocol, your computer cannot be connected
to the remote computer.

Solution: For step-by-step information about deploying Terminal
Server with Terminal Server licensing, see Guidelines for Deploying
Terminal Server at http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=34627. For
information about Terminal Server Licensing, see Windows Server 2003
Terminal Server Licensing Issues and Requirements for Deployment at
http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=23444 and Windows Server 2003
Terminal Server Licensing at
http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=26220.

---
Jeffrey Randow (Windows Networking MVP)

http://www.remotenetworktechnology.com
Windows Network Technology Community -
http://www.microsoft.com/windowsserver2003/community/centers/networking/default.mspx
Windows Home Networking Community -
http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone/communities/wireless.mspxOn
Mon, 8 Nov 2004 03:07:01 -0800, "Phil"
<philbranchjr(donotspam)@yahoo.com> wrote:

>I have a new labtop computer and when I try to connect to some of the servers
>at work,remote desktop does not work but it would allow me to connect to some
>of the other servers but not the one that I need to be connect to. Every time
>I try it I get the following message. The remote computer disconnected the
>session because of an error in the licensing protocol. I have tired to do it
>on a second machine and it works fine.

Phil

Distinguished
Jan 21, 2001

IS there a way that I can fix this problem as I can not work on the server
that I need to from my desk, I have to go to the server or use a second
computer to log into that server. I have asked one of my co workers to log
into the server and they get in fine.

"Phil" wrote:

> I have a new labtop computer and when I try to connect to some of the servers
> at work,remote desktop does not work but it would allow me to connect to some
> of the other servers but not the one that I need to be connect to. Every time
> I try it I get the following message. The remote computer disconnected the
> session because of an error in the licensing protocol. I have tired to do it
> on a second machine and it works fine.
> --
> Thanks for all your help

From my last posting to you:

[...]

==========

Note that this behavior can also be client driven... If you are using
XP Home and are attempting to connect to a Win2K Terminal Server, you
will not be comped a license and you get an error...
---
Jeffrey Randow (Windows Networking MVP)

http://www.remotenetworktechnology.com
Windows Network Technology Community -
http://www.microsoft.com/windowsserver2003/community/centers/networking/default.mspx
Windows Home Networking Community -
http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone/communities/wireless.mspx

On Sun, 14 Nov 2004 10:55:06 -0800, "Phil"
<philbranchjr(donotspam)@yahoo.com> wrote:

>IS there a way that I can fix this problem as I can not work on the server
>that I need to from my desk, I have to go to the server or use a second
>computer to log into that server. I have asked one of my co workers to log
>into the server and they get in fine.
>

>"Phil" wrote:
>
>> I have a new labtop computer and when I try to connect to some of the servers
>> at work,remote desktop does not work but it would allow me to connect to some
>> of the other servers but not the one that I need to be connect to. Every time
>> I try it I get the following message. The remote computer disconnected the
>> session because of an error in the licensing protocol. I have tired to do it
>> on a second machine and it works fine.
>> --
>> Thanks for all your help

superfishnz

Distinguished
Oct 27, 2010
It seems a Windows Update has started producing this error message again with some of my clients (main with Windows 7 machines). I found the fix from here: http://thisishelpful.com/fix-remote-session-disconnected-because-remote-desktop-client-access-licenses.html.

Hope that helps