Can not delete registry value

kevinallen

Honorable
Dec 22, 2012
I have an Acer Aspire 5610 Laptop with Windows Vista Home Premium. Every time my computer boots up I get this error “Could not load Users\Kevin\LOCALS~1\Temp\1f71ffe60019e08e.exe “

So I found the problem by going to “Regedit” then onto “HKEY _CURRENT_USER” >”Software”>”Microwsoft”>”Win NT”>Current Users>Windows>Load> C:\Users\Kevin\LOCALS~1\Temp\1f71ffe60019e08e.exe I tried deleting this value but all I get is

“Deleting certain registry values could cause system instability are you sure you want to permanently delete this value?”

I then click yes and get “Unable to delete all specified values”

What am I doing wrong? Thanks

Regardless, the fact remains that I have a registry entry pointing to an executable that no longer exists

You probably need to take ownership of the Key before you can delete it. Anyway, with a name like that it's more likely to be malware so you're lucky it can't load. Press your Windows key and R together and into the open box, type msconfig then press Enter. If there's an entry under StartUp for that file, untick it, click Apply, OK and restart the system.

Those last two keys holds everything which starts up at boottime but just in case it's hidden, press the Windows key and R together then into the Open box, type msconfig then press Enter. Click the StartUp tab and check through the list - particularly anything without an entry in the first column. Untick anything that doesn't look right - the only utilities you rally need in that list is the firewall and the AV. Click Apply and OK then after the restart, tick "Don't show this message again" and hit Enter.