[SOLVED] Can not enable windows defender antivirus??

steamlandon454

Prominent
Nov 11, 2018
Windows pops up a notification to enable Windows antivirus (something I have had disabled since I installed windows on this SSD) ever since I upgraded my PC to Ryzen from FX series. Whenever I click the notification, it pops up a message saying that "Your IT administrator has limited access to some areas of this app" my account is admin on my PC and the only profile I have...how can I grant myself access to enable my own profile to turn on Windows defender antivirus? I cant even do the security update in Windows update becasue of this.

Solution
will a clean install of windows on my boot drive delete anything off the other drives in my computer? should I unplug my hdd, m.2, and external before doing a clean install? I have never messed with data stuff before so I am super worried about losing my games and save game data on rockstar and steam.
Disconnect ALL other drives in this process.

USAFRet

Titan
Changing platforms, a fresh install is strongly recommended, often/usually required.
If there are issues, then the "required" comes in. Your system has issues.

"lose everything"? Save your personal data elsewhere, and reinstall the OS and applications.

How did you make this "backup"? If it is the entire Windows thing...then no, you cannot apply that on top of a whole new install.

steamlandon454

Prominent
Nov 11, 2018
will a clean install of windows on my boot drive delete anything off the other drives in my computer? should I unplug my hdd, m.2, and external before doing a clean install? I have never messed with data stuff before so I am super worried about losing my games and save game data on rockstar and steam.

USAFRet

Titan
Disconnect ALL other drives in this process.

Solution