[SOLVED] Can not enter BIOS and pc shuts down randolmy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Aug 27, 2020
I have 2 problems with my computer.

1- My computer freezes randomly for a 3-4 sec and then shuts down. (Not completely shuts down, case and fans are still working but no display, until i press reset button. Then it restarts like nothing just happened)

2- I can not enter bios menu and motherboard logo is not showing. There was no problem like this, it started after i changed my psu. I disabled fast boot from gigabyte app center, tried uefi thing with shift+restart, i even removed bios battery for 15 minutes but it is still same.

Solution
I already did this in this video. The result is just black screen. I don't know if motherboard is damaged or not.
It's nothing I've ever seen or heard of before. Resetting CMOS should not cause something like this to happen. I'm not sure how you can get a display through bootup and in Windows but not in BIOS. You can you try moving the video connector to different ports on the back of the video card just to try it.

Also, check all connections inside the computer since fiddling about in there to short the two pins you might have knocked something loose.
Aug 27, 2020
Is this a new built system? or a problem that just appeared?

Did you also short the CMOS reset pins when you removed the battery?

I built it in January, shut down problem is not new but bios problem is.
I don't know how to reset it with jumper. Can you explain?
ExVfxK.png

I already did this in this video. The result is just black screen. I don't know if motherboard is damaged or not.
It's nothing I've ever seen or heard of before. Resetting CMOS should not cause something like this to happen. I'm not sure how you can get a display through bootup and in Windows but not in BIOS. You can you try moving the video connector to different ports on the back of the video card just to try it.

Also, check all connections inside the computer since fiddling about in there to short the two pins you might have knocked something loose.

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.