Can not find a file

I ran spybot today and came up with a file called vx2/f. I tried to delete
it and spybot said it couldnt. I ran a search for the file (regular and
hidden files) and found nothing. I then serched under vx2 and found the
following files-----cpndvx2h.gpd, cpndvx2h, cpndv2k.gpd and cpndvx2m.gpd.
These were located under the route of C:\windows/drivers
cache\i386\driver.cab. Yet there was no vx2/f. First; anysuggestions on
finding and eliminating vx2/f and second; what are the four files listed
above. I could not find any information on them and dont know if they are
important or useless and can be elimiated.
Thanks for the help.
--
Rick Hauschel

vx2/f is particularly insidious spyware that is notoriously difficult to get
rid of. The Internet is filled with suggestions for removing it, but as yet
there is no established method. You'll have to try the suggestions and
hopefully one will work for you.

Another good reason to be extrememly careful before clicking.
--
Ted Zieglar

"rhauschel" <rhauschel@hotmail.com(donotspam)> wrote in message
> I ran spybot today and came up with a file called vx2/f. I tried to
delete
> it and spybot said it couldnt. I ran a search for the file (regular and
> hidden files) and found nothing. I then serched under vx2 and found the
> following files-----cpndvx2h.gpd, cpndvx2h, cpndv2k.gpd and cpndvx2m.gpd.
> These were located under the route of C:\windows/drivers
> cache\i386\driver.cab. Yet there was no vx2/f. First; anysuggestions on
> finding and eliminating vx2/f and second; what are the four files listed
> above. I could not find any information on them and dont know if they are
> important or useless and can be elimiated.
> Thanks for the help.
> --
> Rick Hauschel

ASK THE COMMUNITY