I exported contacts information from Microsoft Outlook 2000 to a *.pst file
on a CD from my computer with windows 98 operating sysytem. I wanted to
import this file to my notebook computer which has windows XP system and
Microsoft Outlook 2000 program.

I am unable to import the file from the CD to the Notebook computer. Is
there another way I can import the addresses I have in MS Outlook Contacts?

Sudhansu

Copy the PST file from the CD to the WinXP hard-drive, remove the Read Only
attribute it will have by default, and import it.

Or you can export the contacts on the Win98 machine as a CSV file and then
import that into OL on the WinXP machine.

OL2000: (IMO) How to Export Your Personal Address Book to a Text File:
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;256852
--
OL Contacts-specific newsgroup:

~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)

Sudhansu wrote:
> I exported contacts information from Microsoft Outlook 2000 to a *.pst
> file on a CD from my computer with windows 98 operating sysytem. I wanted
> to import this file to my notebook computer which has windows XP system
> and Microsoft Outlook 2000 program.
>
> I am unable to import the file from the CD to the Notebook computer. Is
> there another way I can import the addresses I have in MS Outlook
> Contacts?
>
> Sudhansu

dl

You cannot access, with OL, a pst on a cd.
Nor can you access a pst that is read only
Copy to hd, ensure read only is off. Do NOT overwite any existing pst

"Sudhansu" <Sudhansu@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I exported contacts information from Microsoft Outlook 2000 to a *.pst
file
> on a CD from my computer with windows 98 operating sysytem. I wanted to
> import this file to my notebook computer which has windows XP system and
> Microsoft Outlook 2000 program.
>
> I am unable to import the file from the CD to the Notebook computer. Is
> there another way I can import the addresses I have in MS Outlook
Contacts?

> Sudhansu

bondusd

Distinguished
Feb 15, 2006
Convenient tool for your Outlook: "Contacts Collector" (for different Windows). Test it for improvement working with MS Outlook.
ContactsCollector adds people you correspond with to your Address Book.
http://www.stanfordtrident.com/products/ContactsCollector/
Dmitry