Can not print over network with NAV 2005

LeRoy

This problem began with the installation of Norton
Antivirus 2005.

My network is two XP Pro computers peer-to-peer networked
through a DSL router/switch. The network is working well.

As an XP Pro "administrator", I still can print from the
remote computer via the network to both a Minolta laser
and to an Epson inkjet, both are USB devices on the same
host computer. As an "administrator", I can also print
from the host computer to the attached printers.
A "power user" can also log onto the host computer and
print to the two USB attached printers.

However, a "power user" can not log onto the remote
computer and print to either the Minolta or Epson
printer - both are reported as not available. Since
an "Administrator" is able to print, I am certain that
the network is functioning properly. Also, since the
problem began with the installation of Norton Antivirus
2005, I am also certain the problem is with a setting,
rule or such in that program.

The Symantec Knowledge Base suggests this is a common
problem with their firewall and internet security
programs but I can not find a workaround for NAV 2005.

At this point, I assume I must enable or disable some
feature of NAV 2005. However, I have no idea what.

Suggesions?

Thank you!
..

Set the printer properties to print direct to printer instead of using the
print spooler and see if there is any change in behavior.
www.coribright.com

"Leroy" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> This problem began with the installation of Norton
> Antivirus 2005.
>
> My network is two XP Pro computers peer-to-peer networked
> through a DSL router/switch. The network is working well.
>
> As an XP Pro "administrator", I still can print from the
> remote computer via the network to both a Minolta laser
> and to an Epson inkjet, both are USB devices on the same
> host computer. As an "administrator", I can also print
> from the host computer to the attached printers.
> A "power user" can also log onto the host computer and
> print to the two USB attached printers.
>
> However, a "power user" can not log onto the remote
> computer and print to either the Minolta or Epson
> printer - both are reported as not available. Since
> an "Administrator" is able to print, I am certain that
> the network is functioning properly. Also, since the
> problem began with the installation of Norton Antivirus
> 2005, I am also certain the problem is with a setting,
> rule or such in that program.
>
> The Symantec Knowledge Base suggests this is a common
> problem with their firewall and internet security
> programs but I can not find a workaround for NAV 2005.
>
> At this point, I assume I must enable or disable some
> feature of NAV 2005. However, I have no idea what.
>
> Suggesions?
>
> Thank you!
> .

Thank you but both printers are set to print immediately
from the remote computer, no spooling.
Hardware